D40 sticky Throttle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared balmer

Reaction score
hi Guys after advice once again
Driving home this afternoon my throttle stuck open Quiet a few times and at a set of lights sat at 1500 rpm ?
Any Ideas would be Great as i dont want to walk into Nissan again and Bend Over

its an 07 2.5 manual

Is the pedal sticking down? Although its drive by wire it could be the pedal hinge corroded n stiff.
Check the connection for good contact as well.
Only a start....

I heard someone had an issue with their pedal assembly and had to have it changed. Has the car been chipped? If so, can you deactivate the chip and see if that fixes it?

be very careful even though it could be a number of things like stiff throttle spring on pedal, bad connection etc etc, there maybe a chance it could suffer a bit of " diesel engine runaway" meaning the motor takes over and revs at peak until it blows. the only way to stop it is by removing the air intake tubing and putting a block of timber over the turbo to suffercate it.

Is the pedal sticking down? Although its drive by wire it could be the pedal hinge corroded n stiff.
Check the connection for good contact as well.
Only a start....

no the pedal isnt sticky its like cruse control kicks in but have disconected that.
at idle the revs just randomly increase . im thinking the pedal sends info to the throttle body and being electric that could be playing up ? i have no idea but its dangerous . i think i have a spare throttle body thing in the shed might change it tomoro. any ideas would be great as these people at nissan will probably tell me i need new tyres hahahah

The throttle does not control revs in a diesel by a throttle plate like a petrol engine, all done by fuel volume and timing.

To check for the runaway that rustynav mentioned, first thing to check would be the oil level. If it is high and smells of fuel, "Danger will Robinson"

I have never heard about a nav doing it personally but there was a jackaroo model that had an issue with the injection system that could lead to a sump full of fuel and a runaway engine when it started running on the fuel coming up from the sump via the breathers. Scary and dangerous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back