D40 SPANISH fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me the average kms everyone is changing there fuel filters at?? highlighting that i am talking about the spanish build YD25 powered D40s with the there abouts $150 fuel filter?? im avoiding the manuals recommendations for this one as it is based on aperfect world environment no additives, clean fuel etc.

cheers

cooper aftermarket one is 54 dollars retail price, changing all my customers ones at 20,000 km because there is no perfect world, there is always water in diesel, this screws a fuel filter quick

i get my filters from sydney filters and change at 10,000 as per recommendation from well known deisel service center thats the fuel filter oil is 5,000

Be careful getting the right filter for the D40's, there are 3 different fuel filters and model numbers for the 09 models. Trust Nissan when they ask for your VIN when you ask about the part number because, apparently it's something along the lines of Thai utes used one type and Spain utes used two different ones depending on their month of construction.

That said I do mine every 40K, even $170 (retail) isn't that bad every 40K.

i think that come across wrong t.jarvis i ment to say im not listening to the manual because the manual is based on a perfect world. water an shit is everywhere lol

I think I read somewhere that Berrama diesel do not recommend using after market filters due to a different micron rating and the impact on the CRD's.

Thoughts?

no filters will filter everything out, if they did there would be no fuel flow lol! if your after piece of mind, install a pre filter system

I heard you also need to reset the ECU when you replace the fuel filter?

You don't need to but for the effort it takes it's hardly worth arguing about.

Theory being that if the filter has been filtering out crap for 40K and the ECU is compensating for that by pumping more fuel (it would only be a tiny amount) or working harder to get the same amount of fuel then when the filter is replaced you reset the ECU back to factory settings and the ECU re-learns from a factory base, however the fact that it re-learns to begin with indicates that it will also re-learn from the settings before an ECU reset.

Latest posts

Back