D40 Shock lower eye

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcpgl

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and fairly new to 4x4's so apologies if this has already been covered.

I bought a D40 '07 model a few weeks ago and noticed a squeaking noise, i eventually got sick of it and decided to take the wheel off and have a look, heres what i found;
attachment.php

Im not really sure what the deal is with the lower eye of the suspension, is there a bearing or some sort of bush in there? And would i be better off just replacing the whole shock, or just try to get that bit replaced?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20130407_124314.jpg
    20130407_124314.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 535
Welcome to the forum.

Mine did that. Replaced the shocks with OME Nitrocharger Sports and haven't looked back. If the bushes do it again, I can at least buy replacements for the OME units - you have to replace the whole shock for the factory units.

Hi tony, thanks for the reply mate.

how much did your OME shockies cost to buy and get fitted?

thanks!

Hey mate and welcome to offroading

That looks like a good old flogged rubber. If its factory shocks than ditch then for some good quality aftermarket units. If your looking at doing s lift eventually than this may be the time to throw some hard earned at it. Have a chat to Zordo on this forum about shocks and stuff he is pretty handy and very informative.

My guess is the OME are about $200 each, but don't count me on that

OME Nitrocharger Sport retail for $170 each. I know because I currently have "medium" in the rear and am about to replace them with "heavy" due to my vehicle load out.

Yep, $170 per corner for the shocks. I had front and rear springs replaced, HD springs up front because I have a huge antenna on the bullbar and might have added a couple of kilos with the winch. I had dual-rate OME Dakar springs on the rear - as the car gets weight added, extra leaves engage and support it. It works beautifully. All up cost was around $2200 or so fitted.

Nolathane do replacement bushes for the stock strut. but at about $60 I would also spend the extra and go for new struts. and don't spray any oils wd40 ect on them as it eats out the rubber.

Latest posts

Back