D40 RX snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qmozza

Reaction score
New member looking for advice... Hi all, I own a 2006 D40 RX and am looking for a snorkel. Due to anatomical differences the RX cannot be fitted with the same snorkel as the other models and all companies I have checked with do not make a specific snorkel to fit. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a snorkel for a D40 RX?

Failing that, can anyone recommend any viable (possibly custom) options?

I have an 07 RX with a safari snorkal ARB fitted for me. There should be no difference to the other models as far as Im aware.

Well from what I have herd if u want a snorkel on a rx you have to customize it
Arb don't make a one for the rx.
Kinda stupid would of thought all the same but apparently not.

I have RX 2010 dual cab safari snorkel fitted by arb ,had the same part number as king cab on the box , was going to fit myself ended up paying them $160 to fit . Pretty sure it said on the box king cab only ????

Hey guys, just new to this forum as I've just purchased a 2012 RX which will replace a Jeep. I'm getting a snorkel fitted by Nissan before I pick the car up next week. I'm guessing it's a Nissan genuine part. They may have something fir the older models....just a thought

I think you'll find your issue is more to do with where the car was built thia or Spain as the engine set up is slightly different. either way my 06spain diesel is fitted with a factory snorkel, which should technically fit unless you have the v6 diesel. As the chassis is wider. Or you could just go to a fully custom stainless snorkel most engineering places will be able to make one up if you give them the measurements.

RX single cab there is no snorkel that fits, only custom. would love to be wrong.
i have the holes in the side of my car to prove it, courtesy of ARB's stuff up.
not sure about the other rx models

Went into ARB yesterday to order a Safari snorkel, I have a 2009 tai build RX dual cab. They told me no safari snorkel fits this model due to differences with the guard or maybe airbox??
strange though, safari have a snorkel for every other D40 model tai or spain.

Has any one successfully fitted a Safari to their RX dual cab? if so did you have to modify anything?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back