D40 oils

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
HI everyone I have been reading the threads on oils ive removed the DPF now what grades can I safely use in the engine now ....

The DPF required the use of a JASO-FD rated oil which usually means synthetic and always means extra $ to spend*. Now you can use ANY oil that is suitable for turbocharged engines.

* Nissan dealers were charging about $45 more for a D40 with a DPF over a D40 without just because of the different oil.

What's a DPF and how easy is it to remove? And is it illegal to remove it? Sorry for all the questions, just want to find out more about my car.

The DPF is a "diesel particulate filter". You can see shiny metal inside my exhaust, after 110,000km. There's NO soot. I've accelerated hard in front of my wife's car and she's not seen a wisp of smoke. That's the DPF at work.

It is illegal to remove it but detecting the removal is not only difficult, it's nigh impossible when you have no idea if one should be there or not. They're only in D40 autos from about 2006 to early 2010.

Interesting that you point out no soot in your exhaust after 110,000km with the DPF..

Mine (purchased second hand) has the rear coated with black soot.. And has a DPF..

Now I'm even more suspicious of the previous owner and the things that where done..

Back