D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ good job chris - you must drive it like krafty does

No worries on the info but remember I drive like an old man and even Miss Daisy got out of my car saying I'm too slow!

Remind me to never 'follow' you anywhere - i'm likely to fall into the category of getting good mileage then too.

I'm still getting anywhere between 11 km/l to 18km/l, depends on (my) mood, time of day and highway vrs local roads.

No one doing any towing? I have not done enough non towing driving to measure consumption over a few tanks. Over a few tanks towing I am averaging 16 l/100km. That's 1 to 1.5 worse than my previous Disco - I'm a little disappointed.

2.5 D auto towing 2 tonne pop-top.

PeterD

just towed my trrailersailer Melbourne to forster nsw return av 12.5 l per 100 k boat +trailer weight 2.4 tonne and sitting on 100-105 k 2110 d40 6 speed man 58000k on clock I"m happy

2011 STX Manual 2.5D. Has a tub liner which may reduce drag and I definatly notice it runs around 0.2 L/100 better on a cold morning.
7.8 L/100 so far however its a brand spanker and only done 1000 ks so far. Although I would think economy in a diesel gets better after 20K or so. I do mostly highway ks for work but after reading here I was expecting alot worse.

I really doubt the tub liner would do anything measurable but your figures show Nissan are doing something right with the newer models.

I don't think there is any actual figure where economy gets better whether it's a diesel or a petrol motor, some engines never change others do it's just the luck of the draw but for anyone hanging out for a magical figure where their economy will improve don't feel bad if it doesn't happen.

Hi all,

Just had a 70000 service after fitting DPF delete pipe and i am down to 9.2L/100 running 265/75's so i am happy with that.

Hi all,

I put my first full tank through the STX, filled it last night, only been using Caltex Vortex Diesel.

Ute now has 1080 km

This tank did 860km took 71 lts to fill.

Mix of highway and town work, not driven hard as still running in.

So far dash read out is sitting on 7.9 lt per 100

Actual fuel use is 8.2 for first tank.

Stock tyres, no bar work yet, I checked the tyre pressure as it looked a little low, it was only 30psi, no wonder it rode so well.

I am happy with ute so far other than the poor high beam performance and a rattle under the dash which is driving me insane, I hope to fix that this afternoon.

Hi Dazza, I've got a 2008 ST-x Navara that's done 70,000 klm. I'm getting 12 ltr/100 klm around town and 18ltr/100 klm when towing a 19' van. The truck is standard. It's having a service today and I spoke to my mechanic about fuel economy. I don't think I'm getting enough klm/ltr. His advice is to change the air filter as a start, maybe then put in a larger exhaust and finally a chip. Going away in a couple of weeks so I'll post again and let you know how the air filter went. J

:sad:2005 2.5 auto.
towed the boat(780kg) up to eildon on the weekend and averaged 15.8l per 100klm.thought it might have been better.
cheers.
bitz.

i have navara ST diesel has done 5000km around town its apprx 11lx100km. Has anybody got a STX diesel does the fuel economy differ that much between st and stx? Is it worth the extra 6000 for the stx?

i have navara ST diesel has done 5000km around town its apprx 11lx100km. Has anybody got a STX diesel does the fuel economy differ that much between st and stx? Is it worth the extra 6000 for the stx?

There is plenty of figures quoted in this thread alone for both ST and STX. As for the worth if the difference was economy alone maybe you could make a comparison but economy varies ute to ute driver to driver, the badge on the back as very little to do with the figures quoted here, this is also explained more than once in this thread.

Update,

Have now done 1650km total, second tank.

First tank was an indicated 7.8-7.9 acctual was 8.2l per 100k

On Monday my K&N filter arrived, so I threw it in.

I am doing the same trip each day as last week, no other changes, same time of day etc.

within 100km of driving with the K&N in the on dash display is on 7.4 lt per 100k

I have not reset it, have now done 600km with the K&N in and is sitting on 7.4

I know it wont be spot on, but it is still .4 to .5 lt per 100 less with just a filter change, same fuel, from same servo, same driver on same road.

I have done several dyno runs with many different 4lt turbo falcons and on a stock car a K&N was worth at least 6rwkw (increase) every time, every car, never worried about the economy on the Falcon. we even ran a few with no filter (for the dyno run only), was no better than with a K&N fitted.

Anyone else seeing an improvment like this with just a filter change?

Update,

Have now done 1650km total, second tank.

First tank was an indicated 7.8-7.9 acctual was 8.2l per 100k

On Monday my K&N filter arrived, so I threw it in.

I am doing the same trip each day as last week, no other changes, same time of day etc.

within 100km of driving with the K&N in the on dash display is on 7.4 lt per 100k

I have not reset it, have now done 600km with the K&N in and is sitting on 7.4

I know it wont be spot on, but it is still .4 to .5 lt per 100 less with just a filter change, same fuel, from same servo, same driver on same road.

I have done several dyno runs with many different 4lt turbo falcons and on a stock car a K&N was worth at least 6rwkw (increase) every time, every car, never worried about the economy on the Falcon. we even ran a few with no filter (for the dyno run only), was no better than with a K&N fitted.

Anyone else seeing an improvment like this with just a filter change?

Hi I also run a K&N filter, snorkel, DPF DELETE, and 265/75 ATZ's Bullbar, Hytop canopy and i am getting 9-9.2 L per 100.

There is plenty of figures quoted in this thread alone for both ST and STX. As for the worth if the difference was economy alone maybe you could make a comparison but economy varies ute to ute driver to driver, the badge on the back as very little to do with the figures quoted here, this is also explained more than once in this thread.

The newer STX with the 140kw engine claims better economy due to the more free flowing head. From memory it claims around 0.8 L/100km better on the STX.
Halfway through the second tank on a new STX and the dash is reading 7.5L/100km. Will be very happy is it stays around that.

On our recent trip to cape york in a 2010 st auto with 265/75/16 mtz Speedo is pretty much dead on with gps towing jayco outback hawk we done 9649km and used 2138L of diesel

The hawk weighs in at 1350+ gear ,the nav is has always been a pig on juice without towing i get around 750ks for 110 L and that’s even with a dp chip fitted

Hi I also run a K&N filter, snorkel, DPF DELETE, and 265/75 ATZ's Bullbar, Hytop canopy and i am getting 9-9.2 L per 100.

That is a really good number for an Auto with the extra's you have, I know mine will go up when I fit the bar work etc, but for a car with 1500km to be getting mid 7's is nice.

Just one dash rattle to cure and I am happy.

The newer STX with the 140kw engine claims better economy due to the more free flowing head. From memory it claims around 0.8 L/100km better on the STX.
Halfway through the second tank on a new STX and the dash is reading 7.5L/100km. Will be very happy is it stays around that.

You're right I forgot about the 140KW engine, it claims atleast 1lph better than it's predecessor but that's what new technology does otherwise no one would buy it. Most of the 140KW owners are reporting better figures than the 128KW (I think it was) but there is still so many other differences that contribute to economy that the badge on the back has little to do with it.

I rarely go over 2000 RPM but mine's an auto and changes at about 2100 max under normal conditions.

I haven't repeated the effort for a while but when I did my last trip across the Nullarbor I looked at my scangauge and for an entire day's driving on a relatively flat road of about 800ks the max revving for the entire day was something like 2250RPM. The lower the revs definitely makes a huge difference on fuel however not all of our utes despite looking the same will rev at the same revs for the same speed it's just one of those things cars don't do.

Mate i did a tank of driving not going over 2000 RPM on some hills the truck would not move so up to 2500RPM, so i did 645km an put 66L in not bad.:rock:

Latest posts

Back