d40 ecu failure?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsd40

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just after some help / info. I have a 2007 d40 auto, have recently removed dpf using delete pipe. 3 inch from turbo back. I've had the usual dpf light issues etc. Recently sent the ecu away to have the dpf parameters removed. Was running well for a few days. With no cel or dpf light. I then replaced my battery and now it turns over but won't start? I have no glow plug or check engine light on dash. Also the thermo fan comes on with ignition? Checked all fuses and relays there all fine. When I unlug the ecu the identical thing happens? Currently having the ecu checked. Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas? Kind regards Grant.

Welcome to the forum.

Be interesting to check the fuses - might have blown one. Check the fuse block beside the glove box (will find instrument cluster fuse there) and the one behind the battery in the engine bay (ECM fuse).

Welcome, I don't have a DPF that could be why I don't under stand why people remove them??

Thanks tony. As I said all the fuses are fine. Dash lights all working. But not getting any glow or fuel it would seem. Dpf was removed as its very restrictive and expensive if it happens to fail. I guess ill wait and see what happens once the ecu is checked out. Hopefully the fella how modified it will look after me.

Fair enough I thought a high flow dpf would do the job with out the trouble. Well hope you fix the problem

Cars at the auto elec at the moment tony. Ill have to check about the earth mate. Yeah it all has me puzzled to be honest. As for a high flow dpf. Never heard of it.

O ok didn't know that. Thanks for the info. As far as I know euro emissions don't apply here for another few years. All my sensors etc are still all fitted. And to be honest the whole dpf thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I understand what it does. But surely during half burn / full burn cycle its creating just as much pollution anyway? having the navara run more efficiently makes more sense to me. That's my two cents anyhow.

Sadly euro emissions do that's why Nissan stopped the 4.2td patrols. Doesn't really make sense that the 2.5 auto before 2012 came put with them and after that the Spain missed out. Not that I care Cheaper exhaust systems and no worries about having to super heat the exhaust to clean the things

there are more fuses on the passenger side behind the ABS unit, have you checked those.

Yeah I think so Nathan. The one with the clips? Mainly relays in there? I noticed a box right up near the firewall. Couldbt get the thing open.
All the electrics seem fine. Just can't get it to start.

Yeah its the square box if you open it and pull out the panel then flip it over you will see the fuses, i know the headlights and tail lights ect are in there but im not sure of what else.

Yeah Nathan I had a look at that box but had a hard time opening it. Can't believe there are four fuse box locations in these things! Ill ring the auto elec today. I think there might be a fuel pump fuse etc in there. Thanks for your help mate. Hopefully that's the issue. Cheers grant.

Latest posts

Back