d40 dual battery what size?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggy

Reaction score
hi guys,
going to put in a dual battery in the d40 going to run a 60L arb fridge just wanted to no what size battery i would need? will a AGM 100AH be enough looking on ebay they are $220 any help be good
cheers

I'm running some lighting, a compressor and a fridge off a 105Ahr AGM battery. No problems in 3 years.

Cheers guys!
I was talking to a few people and they say i have to run a dc charger is this right or can i get a way with a isolator?

Either will do. The DC-DC charger will properly charge the battery to 100% in fairly short order. The isolator is somewhat of a compromise - it allows the alternator to charge the battery, so the aux battery will take forever to fully charge (if it ever manages it). It's further penalised because the length of the power cable to the rear lowers the voltage and makes the charge rate even lower.

^ Actually that's a good point. Recent models have a pansy-assed alternator that only just puts out enough power to get the main battery voltage back to a mediocre charge state and then it shuts up. You need a special isolator for those.

I was speaking (emailing) with the chap from Redarc about the SBC1220 I think it is, that I have. He said that my 2nd battery will charge fine just with daily driving and that the chargers are usually for people that stay in one place for a while and may need to charge their aux batteries due to the vehicle not being driven.

So a charger may be overkill? It will depend on what you're going to do I guess.

I've had my arrangement in place for 3 years and my aux battery is still fine. If you use shoe string cable you may have trouble. I've used 3B&S, the voltage drop across that is negligable.

Latest posts

Back