d40 dramaz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared balmer

Reaction score
Hi guys
i am having Dramaz with my 07 Spanish built D40 2.5 crd and hopping someone can help.
the throttle Cuts out every so often and im left at idle with no accelerator response at all the truck just sits at idle. if i hold the pedal down for 20 seconds or so, it bearly gets to 2000 rpm. no engine lights or codes pop up at all. so i turn the reds off and start it up and it drives fine and then does it again later on. i have done the computer reset thing but has not worked . it seems like its going into limp mode or some thing.
any ideas would be appreciated.
i have recently replaced new turbo ,glow plugs, throttle body and air flow meter.
Have the d40s had fly by wire problems with the peddle ? my airbag light also started flashing today....?

Last edited:
Suction control valve have been known to be problematic.
Give the thread a bump anyway, someone will have a few more ideas no doubt.

I'd try opening the fuel cap - leaving it only just hanging on to the thread - and driving it around again. If that fixes it, I'd be looking at the suction control valve for sure.

cheers guys thanks for the info. will try that next time it happens. if it is the suction control valve where is it so i can replace it

Yours is the diesel, so the fuel pump hangs off the side of the motor.

Only the petrol models have the fuel pump in the tank. Diesels run a little too high a rail pressure to use a piddling wind-up motor in the fuel tank. I've seen my fuel rail pressure easily pass 10,000kpa = about 1450psi. That's needed to get a good spray of fuel into the chamber.

With a compression ratio of 16:1 and a pressure of 19psi (full boost pressure) the unfuelled diesel combustion chamber pressure should be 304psi ... a petrol pump capable of 200psi wouldn't be squeezing the fuel in, it'd just make bubbles in the tank (yes, I know about one-way valves but they just don't allow for humour!).

Latest posts

Back