D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy **DEAL NOW CLOSED**

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways I was thinking if everyone is happy with this idea, if not we go a different direction thoughts would be appreciated.

IF we transfer funds to Nath by Tuesday night it should clear into his account by Friday (3working days) allowing for the order to be placed Friday, if every one is happy with this I`ll continue???.....anyone.....No??....Ok so on I go ;)
This would allow for any newly interested people to still take advantage right up till Friday lunch time as all they would need to do is deposit money in via what ever bank Nath uses and it will clear straight away. (obviously contact Nath and organise it)
That way we have all placed solid orders early on, it cuts the date to Friday and still allows for others to take advantage all week should they choose to.

Thoughts????

Is that too soon??
Do we need more time??

Great idea. I am still on the fence, I really want one but I feel like I spend way too much on my navara already, first world problems haha

Great idea. I am still on the fence, I really want one but I feel like I spend way too much on my navara already, first world problems haha

Find me a bloke here who doesn't think that?? I just think its one step closer and a complete ute (complete ute hahaha I know im so funny) plus I will spend it down the track anyways so why don't I get in on a good deal now. Just means sooner then later.

PS get off the bloody fence, way to uncomfortable.

Find me a bloke here who doesn't think that?? I just think its one step closer and a complete ute (complete ute hahaha I know im so funny) plus I will spend it down the track anyways so why don't I get in on a good deal now. Just means sooner then later. PS get off the bloody fence, way to uncomfortable.

Couldn't agree more!!! ONEMOFO

GEOFF

"GO THE V6's''

Link didn't work.

I'm in for the group buy! I'll send you a PM

Your on the list mate.

cheers.

-: LIST UPDATE :-

The list at the moment is now 12 units

we have ,

onemofo x3 units 2xD22's + 1xD40

75GRC x 1 unit , D22 v6

Ben85 x 1 unit , D22 ZD30

SPALDING x 1 unit, D22 ZD30

Eclipsed x 1 unit, D22 ZD30

Gbt x 1 unit, D40 King cab

Mike1303 x 1, D40

Pats x1, D22 ZD30

Happy John x1, D22

Leo d40 x1 , D40

This was started in the D22 section but is now available to all Navara's D22 or D40 and i think D21's

(except for the V6 diesels, we are looking for a donor diff for 4WD SYSTEMS so they can start producing one to suit those models)

==
Hmmmm V6 donor diff eh?
If only they were in Melbourne I'd be happy to loan them my car for R&D.

Hmmmm V6 donor diff eh?
If only they were in Melbourne I'd be happy to loan them my car for R&D.

well mate if ever it breaks (hope it doesnt) they will take it for sure, they actually want to get a busted one so they can see where it breaks.

After i had a 4x4Earth forum member accuse me of doing a dodgy and selling LOKKA for a inflated price I decided to call 4WD SYSTEM this morning and SUPERIOR ENGINEERING and get quotes for a LOKKA to suit the NAVARA, remember that the price varies for some makes and some models.

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING = $762!!!!

4WD SYSTEMS = $570

FORUM GROUP BUY PRICE = $450

if anyone wants to check for them selves please do.

NOTE:
Please also realise I am not getting one cent from this deal, the organising of the money and the deal and organising the posting and delivery to the ACT is my contribution to the Forum, the Muster sponsor and to you guys that are getting this smoking hot deal.
I stand to gain zero just so everyone knows up front.

Thanks Guys,
Nath.

I enquired to 4wd systems about these and to why I could get one cheaper from overseas , they told me it was due to their buy rate from the supplier , but they wouldn't tell me who actually makes them and where the factory is, I like the idea but think I'll save for a e-locker , if the lokka is really Aussie made then why is it so much cheaper to get one from the USA

They are actually made overseas like so many other products< BUT they are owned by a Aussie company.
You can also get and ARB locker in the USA cheaper then you can hear.

The LOKKA from the sates has been bought by the US distributor and like us he receives a discount for buying more then 1.

we are buying 10 and we will be getting around a $185 discount.
the US imported buys 100's at a time so i would say he is getting a good price on the per unit scale which allows him to compete in his local market and therefore sell them for less then what they sell them for hear.

However none of that matters to us because the buyers in this group buy are now getting them cheaper then what they would if they bought one from the US and then paid for postage here to AUS.

Thankyou you just confirmed what I thought that they are made overseas and not here in Australia, I really dislike when shops claim an item is made here but isn't ,

As far as i am aware they are built and designed here then produced overseas.

I would also like to clear this up as i have made an Error.

THE LOKKA IS 100% DESIGNED AND BUILT AND PRODUCED IN ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA AND SHIPPED LOCALLY AND WORLD WIDE

i will add an edit to my original posts.

D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy

But who actually makes them ? 4wd systems from emails from them indicate they are only a distributor.
The reason I asked them the question is that the pricing in the USA is so much cheaper and I can get one shipped here for $150 less than buying local.
The manufacturer should be able to supply 4wd systems the Lokka at the same price as they sell in USA due to the freight costs , if the supplier did reduce the cost then they would sell a lot more volume.

Last edited:
But who actually makes them ? 4wd systems from emails from them indicate they are only a distributor

when they first were bringing out the LOKKA for the D40 they told me when i first enquired that they are doing the R&D and that they will have them ready for sale in the future, 6months later they were selling them.

when i asked them to sponsor the MUSTER they said sure! and they asked in return that we help look for a broken V6 diesel front diff so they can look at where they break and use the diff for the R&D on producing the LOKKA to suit that 4 pinion diff that the V6 Diesel D40 uses.

All the mass production of the LOKKA may be done in a factory not owned by them and that is why they dont announce that company.

I can say this that the factory is in Adelaide Australia.

why can you buy a ARB air locker cheaper in the states?
its a numbers game the US are competing against other US companies and they do 100 times more then we do the market is massive so it is a volume game and also if your competition is selling some thing for $5 you wont sell yours if you charge $8

D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy

Well the main reason I have been trying to find out who actually makes them is so instead of asking Tom from 4wd systems the question I can ask the manufacturer direct, if they need to sell more locally make it competitive,
It just stinks that local industries support export over local market

If they are selling them overseas in such volume then selling them here at the same price would cost them no more

Last edited:
Just remember Nathan has organised this in his own time just to help us out. For that price why fork around overseas, if anything goes wrong with the unit you have backup.

I think that the point of this thread is to offer a deal to the Members, and support a sponser.

If you want a deal, jump on board, if you don't then dont worry about it.

There are enough people who are keen to make use of the opportunity therefore it is a worthwhile exercise.

If someone has issues with the manufacturer, then address it with the manufacturer. i.e. Don't shoot the messenger.

Just remember Nathan has organised this in his own time just to help us out. For that price why fork around overseas, if anything goes wrong with the unit you have backup.

spot on John and the other thing is this deal works out cheaper then buying from the US then waiting and paying for OS postage

Ask Onemofo he started this thread because he got the quotes from the US.

I know its hard to understand why the RRP is dearer here but think about the entire situation,
the volume is a big factor, also the cost of running a bussness is MUCH higher here then the US.
the wages are cheper over there,
the rent is cheaper over there,
House and industrial land and buildings are cheaper over there.
power is cheaper
ect ect

so you can make less on a sale and still survive, if you stop and think about it it all adds up.

Back