D40 auto stater does not kick when key in start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdo

Reaction score
Hi all!
I had auto D40 for couple years, this morning went to shopping after finished, back to the ute put the key in ignition turn to start but nothing happen, did not hear the starter kicked, check the battery, greenlight display (Battery nearly 2yrs) tried disconnect batt and push brake pedal then reconnected batt tried start, but samething nothing happen, any one know what's wrong,help please, thanks in advance.
Joe

Have to ask the stupid question... and I mean no offence by this... but is it in Park or Neutral?

If it is, check the switches?

B

Thanks reply mate, yes it's in park, either i tried press the shift lock button and manual move the shift around then move back to park and tried to start but nothing, heart the replay kick but not starter.

Tried in Neutral rather than Park? (with the handbrake on) I assume it is 2 switches, one of which has to be on (I could be wrong.. might only be one switch)

Obviously there are other things it could be, starter solenoid, starter motor it self, ground straps.. and I am sure other things. Could even be the battery (would not be the first time a battery is "good" but unable to start)

I would try a jump start from another car... if that works then its a battery issue... if that does not work.. start looking at the fuses, ground straps, starter motor, starter solenoid in that order.

Also probably helpful if you put up what year, model and fuel your car is, incase its an issue someone else has had.

No, not jump start yet, because the ute at the shop, i had jump lead cable at home but no car to get it, i had battery charger (30 Amp cont) intend disconnect batt, brings it in the shop and run charge, see how its goes?

Charging the battery will not eliminate it as a problem, even after a charge a dead battery might not start the motor.

The only way to eliminate the battery is to either jump start it, or put a known good (new or otherwise) battery into the car.

Not the batt problem, took it to workshop station nearby, checked still good condition, put it back then turn key to start, just hear the relay "click"

O.K, problem solved, one of connection between relay box to starter solenoid was loose. Thanks

Joe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back