d22 steering issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks galvo ill give it a go.
do you actually have to take the battery out or can ya reach it when you have that dust skirt thing up?

You can do it without taking the battery out, I tried but it was a major pain as there is very little room. I couldn't even get a stubby screw driver in. Getting the battery out was the easier option for me, you will know what I mean when/if you go to do this. I didn't pull the battery out until after I had tried doing from underneath.

Mine has always pulled slightly to the left. I have read a number of times that they all do.

Hi Laith.

Try moving to the other side of the road.

You will probably find it then pulls to the right because of camber. Mine does'

And that is with a recent alignment.

Roy.

going in for a wheel alignment (camber, caster, toe in/out), $75, and all 4 wheels balanced ($5 per wheel to balance)

$95 total and maybe a discount as i was there before.

going in for a wheel alignment (camber, caster, toe in/out), $75, and all 4 wheels balanced ($5 per wheel to balance)

$95 total and maybe a discount as i was there before.

Think I might get mine looked at again.
Can anyone recommend an alignment place (who knows Navaras) South of Brisbane/Beaudesert/Gold Coast area?
Dean

hey moke, i'm running cooper discovery ATR's now and mine pulls to the left!

going to get a balance and alignment soon.

have you noticed any odd wear? tried swapping the 2 front wheels to see if it pulls to the right now?

They are wearing evenly. I change front to rears every 10,000k but this doesn't seem to make a difference with the pulling. It's really annoying me now, I think I'll get it looked at again.
Dean

i dont think were talking about driving dead straight.
we mean that there is a fair bit of play in the steering
like if you move the wheel like 10mm one way does your car move?
cause it does nothing in mine.
the play is there when the car isn't moving so it isn't wheel alignment

I have the same problem - free play in steering wheel makes the nav feel unstable like it wants to wander.
I have about 40mm lift in the front and thought it was an alignment problem. Just put new tyres on last week and had an alignment done but problem is still there.
Thanks for the tips on adjusting the steering box Galvo. If no one else can give me any better ideas i will give that a go soon.

Latest posts

Back