d22 spare

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unkn0wn

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I recently changed up a tyre size and tried to fit the spare tyre.

With the reece hitch tow ball you cant move the spare right up towards the back of the car, thus such it rests on the exhaust & looks like the diff will hit it when it moves upward.

without the tow-ball there would be enough room to have everything in there comfortably.

Just wondering if anyone with a newer D22 can show me their reece hitch mounts + placement on the tub area?

As you can see mine has 3 bolts either side and sit in about 7cm of the tub.

xhxetHQ.jpg

LG63Skh.jpg

fIqxY2m.jpg

appart from the towball causing issues, it seems like the tyre would fit fine.

ilSlps8.jpg

1Jhu9GR.jpg

If the newer d22 have the same towball type, would anyone think having my brackets modified to sit further back would be a wise idea?

My mate hads the same d22 with a non reece hitch towball and it goes further out than mine.

cheers!

Check the difference between str and dx if they still do different ones as they may sit in a different position as well. I know they use to be as the dx didn't have the rear step so it was higher and maybe further out.

btw it looks like you have the early tow bar that causes cracks to the chassis or otherwise falls off. i think there was a recall on them.

An str one will sit lower and further out most likely.

i took a look at a couple str's in the parking lot at work today, this is true they are different. look slightly lower, but do sit further out and have a bigger brace on them.

btw it looks like you have the early tow bar that causes cracks to the chassis or otherwise falls off. i think there was a recall on them.

is this true?

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952883

i couldent find anything about it here, but i did see something about the towball for d40's

maybe it wasn't a nissan recall. trouble with towbars is there is tons of manufactures and nissan may have used a couple of brands and dealers may have fitted other brands as well.

you have a lightweight towbar. i remember there was problems with them breaking off.
i just had a look at mine. it bolts underneath but also bolts through the side bolts as well.
tho size wise its looks similar. not a lot room for bigger tires.

seeing as you snatch with the towbar, it might be a good time to get a bigger and stronger one.

edit: can't quite tell in the pic but you may also be missing the U shaped packer that goes inside the chassis rail right at the end.

Last edited:
maybe it wasn't a nissan recall. trouble with towbars is there is tons of manufactures and nissan may have used a couple of brands and dealers may have fitted other brands as well.

you have a lightweight towbar. i remember there was problems with them breaking off.
i just had a look at mine. it bolts underneath but also bolts through the side bolts as well.
tho size wise its looks similar. not a lot room for bigger tires.

seeing as you snatch with the towbar, it might be a good time to get a bigger and stronger one.

edit: can't quite tell in the pic but you may also be missing the U shaped packer that goes inside the chassis rail right at the end.

Cheers
Ill just keep an eye out for another reece hitch type towbar for my ute.

Latest posts

Back