D22 Navara Service Manual download - 97' to 08'

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it's great that there are members on here that do have copies to share, I'm still surprised that they aren't readily available for purchase in shops.

But they are available in shops........

.Nissan spare parts counter or Nizzbits will get a copy to your door..

:cheers!:

the question was jsut put out there to see if some one could help me out. i dont know much about cars. i enjoy my 4x4 with the standard car i have as i cant afford to trick it out. and only joined yesterday. when i find a few more ppl from wa in the forum and get some chats up and running ill deffinatly be on more offten with fishing spots and the like.
I only asked the question if some one could help a fellow navara holder out, did not expect ppl to be getting all antsy about the question. sorry

Im wondering why they havent done an update in 10 years.

Two reasons I think cover it are

1. The workshop manuals that are available at SCA or the like are rarely in excess of a few hundred pages where as most current model manuals are well into the thousands of pages.

2. Car manufacturers have seen their worth to owners and think $500 ish dollars to sell them a manual on CD is a bargain.

Could also be argued that less manuals in general population means more dealer servicing but that would be extremely hard to prove. Manuals for both the D40 and D22 are available on Fleabay for less than $10, yeah it sucks that some of us might have got our manuals for nothing but $10 for a manual delivered to your door is still better than any other option available to you if these links are no longer live.

Pick me, pick me.....yes me i want a free download...must have from '08 - to current model D22.

thanks guys, heaps...love the site...you guys are tops.....cya.

Bloody typical of you bastards always wanting something for nothing, you need to learn some manners before it's even considered.

@Krankin - to be honest, I didn't even think of speaking to Nissan directly.

I've just always had a Haynes manual for every car I've owned. The main thing i like about them is that they simply show you how to pull the car apart. You still have to chat to the right people or nut it out yourself when something doesn't work, the manual just makes it easy to remove parts the correct way without damaging things like little plastic tabs in the process.

From the sounds of it, the workshop manual you guys have is the one for actual mechanics not just hobbyist with a socket set like myself.

@Krankin - to be honest, I didn't even think of speaking to Nissan directly.

I've just always had a Haynes manual for every car I've owned. The main thing i like about them is that they simply show you how to pull the car apart. You still have to chat to the right people or nut it out yourself when something doesn't work, the manual just makes it easy to remove parts the correct way without damaging things like little plastic tabs in the process.

From the sounds of it, the workshop manual you guys have is the one for actual mechanics not just hobbyist with a socket set like myself.

I've spoken to my Nissan dealer about the manual and they won't sell it. I've learned that it's about $1,000 anyway.

The copy that I have - for the D22 and the D40 (yes I have both and Krankin, my D22 manual covers models up to those manufactured (or equal to) in Jan 2008.

These manuals are NOT Haynes or Gregorys manuals. They have no pictures showing step by step for every procedure. They have some pics, yes, but they do rely on your ability and training (and a copious amount of plugging in the Consult device).

If you're looking for a simple manual, this ain't it. However, since there isn't a "simple" one out there, this one is okay - it takes a little longer to find what you're looking for sometimes, but eventually you get there.

I've spoken to my Nissan dealer about the manual and they won't sell it. I've learned that it's about $1,000 anyway.

The copy that I have - for the D22 and the D40 (yes I have both and Krankin, my D22 manual covers models up to those manufactured (or equal to) in Jan 2008.

Yeah, i have up to early '08 as well......wanting '08 onwards.

Nissan would sell me a factory manual in cd form, they wanted $500,.... says somewhere in my service book that if one lives out of range of dealerships, send a mail to Nissan asking for a copy of a factory service manual, they sent me a letter back saying just go to a dealer and buy one.

I much prefer the 'factory manuals' as they have all the specifications, which for example if rebuilding an engine then the manual has all the specs...
you just dont get that with haynes or gregorys
the nissan manual is a pain to navigate but i get the info eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon blokes, i think you're being a bit tough here. I mean it say's navara forum, so obviously if someone asks a question relating to something none of us in aus have experienced and so don't get a quick reply, then obviously we are just a rude bunch of pricks who don't want to help someone out. :suicide2:

C'mon blokes, i think you're being a bit tough here. I mean it say's navara forum, so obviously if someone asks a question relating to something none of us in aus have experienced and so don't get a quick reply, then obviously we are just a rude bunch of pricks who don't want to help someone out. :suicide2:

Ok then......I'm sorry....

spose we better let him know then (from the goodness of the forum) that there's just a 'tiny water crossing' before he gets here

Not 100% sure on the legalities regarding hosting of such files which is why I wont put my D40 manual up on my host but for those interested you can try the link below and get the Frontier manual.

Download PDF Nissan Frontier 2005 Service Manual | PDFTown.com

Obviously this is American and left handed tools must be used for any work under taken on our Nav's but it might give those interested some idea. There could even be D22 manuals listed I'm not exactly sure which models relate to the D22.

Edit: There is a link on that site to a 2006 Titan that looks different to their Frontier, not sure if that's closer to a D22 or not but the manual is there

old post, i guess it's a good thing people don't pay much attention... on the other hand, the link here is the d40 manual version apparently, and it is still active, for now at least...

in saying that, it took about 30 secs to find these...

http://pdftown.com/u/frontier04/
http://pdftown.com/u/frontier/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back