D22 in 4WD Action

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Issue 153, think that's August issue.
Thought it was Ridgie's at first. Looks good.
Anyone seen him on here? Lot of ARB gear on it, almost sounds like an ad.
That's what my Navs gonna look like when it grows up!

Starting to get bored of 4wd Action feature cars being so similar, every issue has a GU patrol or 100series cruiser with $20K of ARB stuff on it being branded as the ultimate tourer, I like the mag, I have a subscription & (controversially maybe) I like the DVD's with Roothy and his mates, I just think a feature car should be something where someone has found all the best bits from across the board and modified the car to suit themselves, not just walked into ARB and say heres a blank cheque I want to do the cape.

But then again, ARB do some good stuff, maybe these people have done their research and the ARB gear is the best

Starting to get bored of 4wd Action feature cars being so similar, every issue has a GU patrol or 100series cruiser with $20K of ARB stuff on it being branded as the ultimate tourer, I like the mag, I have a subscription & (controversially maybe) I like the DVD's with Roothy and his mates, I just think a feature car should be something where someone has found all the best bits from across the board and modified the car to suit themselves, not just walked into ARB and say heres a blank cheque I want to do the cape.

But then again, ARB do some good stuff, maybe these people have done their research and the ARB gear is the best

Umm... yeah... sooo.... did you see the Nav?

Anyone got a pic ?

Haven't bought the mag in ages.

Dont think Ill start now either since I got banned off Yotamonthly.

Issue 153, think that's August issue.
Thought it was Ridgie's at first. Looks good.
Anyone seen him on here? Lot of ARB gear on it, almost sounds like an ad.
That's what my Navs gonna look like when it grows up!

Well thank you Mr Digby. Not mine though.

Yeah knew it wasn't yours ridge. Same lights, canopy and tyres though, ooh and colour!
Dave, there's also a couple of pics of a white one with all the fruit in the supplement mag that came with it.
Avoid page 64 though, pic of roothy with his gut half hangin out, man they need more women in that mag.
PS roothy, would be nice if you tidied your cabin up knowing they're gonna take pics ya feral!

I think I know the one.

If its the same one I am thinking of, its a recycled story.

I too like the DVD and in general the mag. As a shareholder of ARB I love hearing about blank cheques for fitting out a new 200 series etc. It does happen and quite frequently so the local ARB manager tells me.

Yeah Dave the extra mag is probably just rehashed I don't get it very often but I'm on holiday so always good for a read.
I agree with the sentiments above though, it's pretty easy when you've got cash but would be nice to see like a bloke with a D22 with a V8 in it or like a customised Sierra done in someone's shed or something.

It,s the cruisers and pootrol,s with all the name dropping arb and tjm gear that get the magazine it,s ads which pays the bills. Speaking of tjm they shut shop in ballarat about a month ago

i have seen a few d22s in a couple of issues of the custom utes mag that 4wd action do. one i got recently has a used buy section and its in the d22. its a good read and dont mind it atm. hanging out for the new one cause ive already read the old one a few times.

as for the nav im not sure which one your talking bout.

4wd action has about half a dozen different mags, there is the original 4WD Action, Custom Utes, Extreme action, Custom guide, and probably a few I cant think of at the moment, and each mag is aimed at a certain audience. The man mag is sort of an all rounder and normally has as you say a GU or 100 series "Tough Tourer" a couple of almost stock trucks that the owner has "plans to turbo/ V8 and fit 37"s and lockers" and normally a comp truck at the back end and of course you cant have a 4WD Action without some sort of comparo of lights or tiers or something.

mine got turn down

A mate put my ute up a few years back for the main mag,It got turned down because it not custom enough with sas ,100mm lift,35",etc and its not up to mag stand in Shaun words

i now know that

ya i now know that not sure that i could put it in any mag now ,at the time when they ring me i would loved to get in the mag.but for a ute thats my daily drive and shows up it a few place its better off people not having a shopping list

Got the new mag yesterday, theres a GU Patrol Ute with portal axles and all sorts of cool gear.

Exactly what I'd like to see more of

I saw a silver D22 in one of their mags that was obviously out of an ARB store, they even put their ARB sticker on the TJM bash plates which got no mention in the write up. They always put in trucks built by the aftermarket outlets as subliminal adverising, so don't ever expect unbiased write-ups. I know people that have had genuine built vehicles in mags and all have said it is not worth the effort unless trying to make financial gain.

Latest posts

Back