D22 Forefront winch Intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Just got the full kit from Forefront.
Couple of things in the instructions which are a bit beyond my mechanical knowledge.
Anyone in the Perth metro area who can help with the installation ?
Free beer and maybe a bit of palm oil if ya know what I mean haha
Cheers

What specifically are you having trouble with?
Or - how far have you got so far?

I haven't actually started but here's my problem.
where is the MAP sensor ?
I've attached 2 pages from the installation instructions.
Cheers
Cliff aka Oldie

PS. I'm about to do a long trip, I don't know how old the turbo is but I'm thinking just put a new turbo on for the time being and do the intercooler when I get back. I'll be towing a camper trailer with about 750kg all up weight.

Attachments

• MAP sensor first step.jpg
    MAP sensor first step.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 123
  • MAP sensor second step.jpg
    MAP sensor second step.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 115
Thanks Shorty,
Now that I know what it is, I'll have a go.
I'll lets ya's know and take pics but I got be done by Thursday arvo.
cheers

Where abouts are you in perth? I can give you a hand, but not until Wednesday when i have a day off lol. If you haven't got it done by then...

Hi bods,
replied but not sure if it got thru with my address and mobile number.
different system in this forum but not to worry.
Have taken some bits off, not sure about a lot of it now haha
cheers
Cliff

Hi bods,
replied but not sure if it got thru with my address and mobile number.
different system in this forum but not to worry.
Have taken some bits off, not sure about a lot of it now haha
cheers
Cliff
Yeah mate all good. I did reply back, but i will give you a call in the morning lol

I had the pleasure of meeting a true gentleman today, calls himself bods.
Without his assistance I would have been lost trying to get the intercooler done. He did a magnificent job.
My appreciation for what you did and the knowledge you have with navara's.
Best of luck with the trip you have planned and if there is anything I might be able to help with, just call me.
Cheers
Cliff

No worries mate. Glad the fit up went fairly smoothly and we got there in the end. Should go a bit better than it used to. At least you are giving it a good test for the first trip out. Will have to catch up and have a real drink at some stage haha. You have a good trip too.

I think taste test of Jack and Jim is on the cards LOL maybe some bundy haha
I've had a change of plans. I'm now heading north to catch up with some folks I haven't seen for a few years. I might need to take Jack, Jim and bundy with me haha
But I'll lets ya's know how the old girl performs now with the intercooler.
PS. I did repy earlier but I must of clicked the wrong button haha

Couple of pics of how it fits once intalled. Bods did most of the work, Naah he did it all. I did some minor stuff.
The Horn, loosen the bolt and turn it to the drivers side.
The power steering cooler will need to be mounted underneath, horizontal. can be bolted on one end but mine is attached with a tie at the other at the fan plastic. There is a rubber washer of sorts between the cooler and fan housing, so there is some lee way there. Personal choice but it works.
There is one thing you have to watch out for , if you don't have an original Nissan snorkel, then you will need to do some modifications with what I think is the pre cleaner plastic. A bit of cutting and sealing.
The wind screen washer bottle neck does need some adjusting and cutting maybe trial and error but needs to be more than 60mm. Unless it needs twisting to fit but I couldn't get the grill back on. Some trial an error with that also.
Unfortunately I've just had to buy a new bottle neck, the old plastic was old and brittle and fell apart when I tried more cutting.
I now need to take the old girl out for a long run and see how it goes.

Attachments

• 20150917_124950.jpg
    20150917_124950.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20150917_125026.jpg
    20150917_125026.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150917_125034.jpg
    20150917_125034.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Latest posts