D22 Etiquetee

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rant

Reaction score
Hi there, a bit of a question regarding driving etiquette between D22 drivers. Over the last couple of weeks i have been out driving and thrown a couple of waves to acknowledge the other D22's and there was no acknowledgement in return. It got me wondering if there is any known etiquette in such matters?

Cheers, Rant

i put a thread up about this not long ago and still no returns when waving etc. i dont drive my nav often so so it might be the lack of notice. i have a work car and i go to wave at nav drivers only to realise i am not in my nav hehe.

I always raise my hand at Navara drivers, although it's more of a point and laugh at least I'm still giving you blokes some attention.

There are a few guys around here that always wave.

Still dont know who they are though.

Dave are you sure they are waving at you, waving is not usually done with one finger :eviltongue:

We used to chuck bread out the windows when we were in convoy with Shittycrust trucks, a loaf of bread makes a hell of a bang when it hits a windscreen at 95kph, also makes a hell of a mess.

Atleast you get a wave or a finger, round here neither Navara drivers or snobby Pootrol drivers wave at us, and when we see people we know it's usually a flash of the lights rather than a wave.

dont think it will ever get to the stage of the old landy drivers waving each other.

Krafty did you ever drive fuel tankers ?

You seem to do 95km/h all the eime. Trucks, cars I have heard you say.

Nah let someone else explode.

Only reason we did 95 in the trucks was because they were speed limited (they had a Mitsu engine) and in anything but dead calm weather the speed was always effected. In a good head wind I used to do 80KPH max. When traveling in convoy with Shittycrust it was 95-97 on the grounds that they were speed limited to 97 and unless I could pull far enough ahead to break the air between the trucks I'd actually get dragged back a few kph, but never enough to allow the speed limited Suzies to pass. It was like the world slowest truck race.

In the Nav it's 95 to 97 because no one has yet proven to me that speeds any faster do anything other than waste a shitload more fuel.

Ah righto. Seen a few fuel tankers as of late with 95km/h speed limited stickers on the trailers.

Anyways. Back on topic.

Mate ! Hook a caravan up and drive North.
Everyone with a van will wave !
Except Prado and Range Rover Drivers :rant:

I do have a positive experience with another D22 driver. Last weekend i went in to our local WOW electrical store to buy a new stereo as i was still running the old tape deck in my 1999. I was talking to the young sales guy and he asked me what i drove. Turns out he had a a D22 also.. We chatted a bit and he came out to the carpark with me had a look at my truck and gave me some advice about removing the dash.. He actually recommended that i jump on this website to look up wiring diagrams...It was a good experience.. he was heading out that evening with his new mud tyre set up for some bush bashing....

Latest posts

Back