D22 catalytic converter - do I need one?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Vehicle - 2006 D22 ST-R 3.0 ltr diesel.

My new 3" exhaust does not have a cat converter - it is not in the dump pipe and not elsewhere in the system. The manufacturer confirms this.

I have queried the legalities of this with them as I have read on this forum, and have been told, that if the vehicle came with a cat then any after market sytem must have one also. My stock system has a cat in one of the pipe sections.

The manufatcurer states that because the Navara is a commercial vehicle a cat converter is not required for the diesel. They say this is a national standard. They say some diesel Navs did come out with a cat but they are not required. They will back their claims and support me should I have any problems with authorities.

I have asked them to put their position/claims in writing so I have a record. I might add, that at this stage I have no reason to dispute what they say, as any incorrect information they give out could be detrimental to their business which is getting a great deal of exposure nation wide.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Ridgie.

You can only assume it's correct information. Unless someone that works for VicRoads and can prove otherwise, I'd go along with them.

hmm i didn't even question beaudesert exhaust when i got mine as thier the pros so they should know. Mine does have a catalytic converter either.

Latest posts

Back