D22 Bonnet Protector on a Thai build?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a bonnet protector on a newer 2.5L D22 with the bonnet scoop that has a snorkel?

In the interest of a bit of extra paint protection I put one on over the weekend and over the last two days driving to work i've noticed the ute has been a bit sluggish. I also can't hear the snorkel intake roar as much anymore.

So as a bit of a testing I just took the bonnet protector off and took it for a couple laps around the block. Feels back to normal again and I get a nice loud snorkel roar when i put the foot down. Put the protector back on and its back to feeling muted.

Can such a small lip really affect the airflow that much??

yes they can effect airflow that much. i don't know with the D22 but the patrols where tested and found it made a big difference to airflow through the intercooler.
i thought there was a thread on it somewhere

i would go do some timed runs or max speed up a hill etc. seats of the pants can be very deceiving.

ive got a 2011 d22 with the bonet protector and factory snorkel, ive been running it like that for the last 4 months and havent noticed any diffrence, but afta reading your post i will pay abit of attention to it. but if u got any dramas with powerloss do the egr mode, heaps better accelaration and almost gain 100ks to a tank of fuel

I did the EGR mod a couple of weeks ago. After I chucked the bonnet protector on it actually feels like before i did the EGR mod.

I'll experiment a bit more on the weekend I think. Probably should also note that I have a nissan bullbar as well which sits a bit in front of the protector.

Latest posts

Back