d22 Body Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oz14zz

Reaction score
A few questions about body lifts in NSW.

1. Are they legal?
2. If not when i get it Engineered will a drivers Airbag affect the cert?
3. If it does can i remove the airbag to get it able to be engineered?
4. Do i have any hope in hell?

It can be done and has been done, you just need an engineer willing to approve it. If you find one be sure to post who it is. I think a lot of people will be interested. I will be going down this path soon and want it legal to if possible. Finding info on a engineer willing to approve it is the hard part. Keep us posted.

Cheers Brad.

does nsw use the ncop? in qld you just need to mod plate it now and you can have a 2+2+1 lift (sus+body+tyres)

I wish our system was as simple as that. We need an Australian standard for all states.

You can do It legally i contacted the RTA and spoke to one of their engineers before i did mine. As long you don't go over 2 Inches In height its legal mainly our 22's have the airbag force sensor under the passenger seat so there Is no issue with the bags. But if you increase your total height by more than 2 Inches an Engineers Certivicate is required.

You can do It legally i contacted the RTA and spoke to one of their engineers before i did mine. As long you don't go over 2 Inches In height its legal mainly our 22's have the airbag force sensor under the passenger seat so there Is no issue with the bags. But if you increase your total height by more than 2 Inches an Engineers Certivicate is required.

So the car can have a body lift, with air bags and is legal on a D22 due to sensor requirement?

If Lifted over 2" total needs a engineer's cert? well that not too bad, i was thinking it was illegal all together and had to remove it or hide it

Anyone looked into this or had it done yet. If anyone gets it done in NSW be sure to drop the name of the engineer.

There are too many threads in the web about this 2" body lift
I will keep an eye on this thread as I am preparing my $$$ to order
Zordo's kit

any one got a link to zordos 2 inch body lift kit ??? Also how much body lift can you do befor you have to lenghten brake like and other things ??

Latest posts

Back