custom rock sliders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Just a quick question for everyone
Im thinking of making up my own set of rock sliders. Going to get the steel tomorrow. My question is am i able to drill holes through my chassis rails to bolt through? Im thinking its going to be alot easier to make flat mounting plates that are bolted through the chassis.

Don't drill chassis.
You don't even need u bolts.
Have a look at my home made sliders in my build thread (link below).
I just used normal bolts with plates. Strong as.

Believe in most states its technically defectable if you weld or drill the chassis...welding because the temper of the chassis cannot still be garaunteed and holes because it weakens the rail structure...saying that if you drill,put in 8.8 grade bolts/crush tubes and plate the chassis id say that definatly doesnt compramise the chassis rails but it does make it stronger...which in turn screws with your crumple/impact design...cant win either way....

With regards to welding to the chassis you can find info here.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...ro1ty4f7Ih9gtsh98yoYX0A&bvm=bv.82001339,d.dGY

Be aware this relates to QLD only and you will have to find similar docs depending on your state, from what I can gather is says you can weld components together as long as the person welding is skilled and it is assessed by an engineer. The short of it is, your probably better off using u clamps with bolts rather than going to the hassle of welding.

Latest posts

Back