Cranking battery confusion.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Gday all! Just having a bit of a confusing time selecting a new cranking battery. Looking at an Optima red top 34 that has 800CCA and is a 50ah battery. But i read somewhere that the positive terminal point will not fit onto this battery's terminal. Can anyone shed any light on this?

It's going into an 06 D40. Looking to spend around The $300 mark MAX. Cheers!

The positive terminal should be 19.5mm across its base and the negative should be 17.9mm. I'd have to go to Rays Outdoors to have a look at the Optima battery and measure its terminals.

The positive terminal should be 19.5mm across its base and the negative should be 17.9mm. I'd have to go to Rays Outdoors to have a look at the Optima battery and measure its terminals.

Beauty thanks mate the bloke whos ad im looking at has the terminal measurements on it. Thats a huge help thanks heaps mate. Much obliged!

Ok turns out i was seeing things. Wasnt listed. Damn! Does anyone run an Optima red in their D40?

Latest posts

Back