Cracked turbo zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.weeden

Reaction score
What's the best turbo and cheapest out there I have just cracked mine some how I think doing a bolt up only thing I can think of any ways and advice /help would be appreciated thanks

Welcome to the forum, Joe.

The standard turbo is a good choice for replacing it because then nothing has to be figured out, adjusted or fiddled with to make it work. Niss4x4.com.au can help with second-hand ones.

There are turbos for sale on e-Bay that you might consider. A few people on this forum in the past have bought them and have had success - you could even see better performance, as technology and materials improve, you get better flow rates and faster spool-up times. But as always with items from eBay, you may also end up with something unsatisfactory. I think using Paypal to pay for items helps there though!

Going too radical (high boost) could see your EGT rise too high for the engine, so you'd want to investigate an EGT gauge as well if you were looking for something that gave you a lot of extra boost.

If not already fitted, an intercooler is a great addition as well - more for its insurance value in case of turbo failure than the performance gain (which is minor, but it will be there).

Yeah I'm looking on eBay now only last week I noticed the egr pipe behind the turbo to have a crack so I am doing that blocking mod then today while replacing a bolt I noticed the crack so i need to get this fixed ASAP what type of intercooler would u recommend and from where ?

Turbo: Try Forefront Ind (on here -- just search him) do a billet turbo for about $800 (don't quote me) which might be of interest.

Intercooler: If you've got spare coin then Cross Country make a nice top mount. Forefront also do one. There are a few front mount kits around (a mob in Adelaide makes a decent one -- can't think of their name though). Or you could put an XR6 cooler in (search function will uncover the right thread).

Latest posts

Back