crack in front inner guard D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeboy

Reaction score
Hi all as a new member has any D40 owners had any cracking where inner guard meets the fire wall. Nissan say cracking because of weight of vehicle and the way i drive it : steel ARB bull bar,winch, bash plate,canopy,draws,long range fuel tank and alloy roof rack,

Hi George, welcome to the forum.

I can't help you as I have a D22, but if they say the front is so heavy make sure you get the new springs if it's recalled for a bonnet strap.

Hi George, welcome to the forum.

I can't help you as I have a D22, but if they say the front is so heavy make sure you get the new springs if it's recalled for a bonnet strap.

thanks jason, have had heavier shocks and springs since ute new bonnet strap done.

I've just gotten mine back after having the suspension upgraded and a "Positive Bonnet Restraint System (PBRS)" installed. The cable is bullshit. The service person showed me how to remove it and replace it, and the spring retainer was hard to pull out to remove the cable and then didn't spring back to retain the cable at all.

It's only installed if you have 55Kg or more of equipment mounted on the front. The new suspension is good but I really doubt that cable is going to be used much. I've used it once and I'm annoyed at it already.

Oh, there's no sign of any damage, but I don't do heavy off-road stuff either.

I've just gotten mine back after having the suspension upgraded and a "Positive Bonnet Restraint System (PBRS)" installed. The cable is bullshit. The service person showed me how to remove it and replace it, and the spring retainer was hard to pull out to remove the cable and then didn't spring back to retain the cable at all.

It's only installed if you have 55Kg or more of equipment mounted on the front. The new suspension is good but I really doubt that cable is going to be used much. I've used it once and I'm annoyed at it already.

Oh, there's no sign of any damage, but I don't do heavy off-road stuff either.

I dont do heavy off road driving,drive very sedate.

The problem detected in the 2009 Spanish-built D40 STX Dual Cab is:

* Breaking of the bonnet catch loop
* Crafting around the bonnet retention mechanism

Fixing it properly requires a new bonnet and the entire front section that the radiator mounts to.

It has only been noticed so far on vehicles that do heavy offroading with some weight on the front. I'd assume that the firewall cracking would be under even harsher conditions than those that could destroy the bonnet retaining system.

If your firewall's cracking (or the guard is coming away from the firewall) and you don't do off-road stuff, then I'd be getting right up Nissan's nose about it.

Why would the skirt crack when all the shit Nissan mentioned is attached to the chaissis ?

Except for 2 things that are attached to the tray.

Dont let them stuff you around.

Dave.

Hi all as a new member has any D40 owners had any cracking where inner guard meets the fire wall. Nissan say cracking because of weight of vehicle and the way i drive it : steel ARB bull bar,winch, bash plate,canopy,draws,long range fuel tank and alloy roof rack,

yes georgeboy my work ute has done the exact same thing only fitted with a arb steel bar but it gets driven pretty hard on a mine site but we werent to consenered as it happens to all vehicles on mine sites. It mite be something worth keeping an eye on

As Dave noted, that gear is all attached to the chassis anyway. Yes, with extra weight the vehicle will have a harder rebound each time it "falls", but should the firewall crack?

I think that's inherently dangerous. It's called a FIREwall for good reason.

Sounds like Nissan copied the front end of the 90 Series Prado.

The shirt shouldn't crack when other things are added to the chassis.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back