Coolant

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewood11

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

i am currently doing a service of my D40 and I cannot work out what coolant to use, in the Haynes manual it just says use Nissan Coolant, thats all and I have checked out Supercheap and they just say use the green stuff.
Can I just grab the ready mixed green stuff and use that?

you should be able to look up which type to use on penrite, nulon, etc websites look for their lube guide.

If you've got green then use green, if red use red. Sure the "oats" content is different between manufacturers, but stay with colour you've got...don't mix colours

If you've got green then use green, if red use red. Sure the "oats" content is different between manufacturers, but stay with colour you've got...don't mix colours

Cheers mate. I was coming to that conclusion.
Should I flush the system out with de-mineralised water first? Or can I just use ordinary tap water?

Cheers mate. I was coming to that conclusion.
Should I flush the system out with de-mineralised water first? Or can I just use ordinary tap water?
To be honest mate I've always flushed with the trusty garden hose...flushed engine then heater made sure it's running clear then fill with coolant...so far so good for last 20+ years 😁

Latest posts

Back