Commonwealth bank/useless

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all omy accounts with CBA, business & personal and most of my dealings with them have been pretty good.
Some of the others come calling & making promises but sometimes better the devil that you know, besides it isnt worth the expense of me changing everything over in the hope that I get invited to the bi-annual sausage sizzle.

The problem with the sausage sizzle is that all banks and credit unions seem to think the sizzling sausage should belong the customers.

I can just imagine a banking institution's sausage sizzle.

"Sausage sangers are just $5. Steak is $10. Sauce is $2.50 extra, Onions $3 extra and there's a $4.25 processing fee, $2.90 transaction fee if we have to give you change and if you use EFTPOS there's a 2% card handling fee."

I accidently got one back on the CBA.
We started a new business in the 80's & had to put $25 in a fixed account (Something to do with a Pty Ltd).
When the CBA listed on the ASX, they asked if we would like to change the fixed account over to shares. Big deal, it was $25 so I said OK.
Over the years they kept on giving us our dividend in shares & we just forgot about the account until May this year.
I checked then RECHECKED. Our $25 was worth $15,000!!!
I sold the shares needless to say.

I opened an account with St George in 1987 (when it was still a building society) for my first grandchild. I put in $100 into a fund they said would just be rolled over every year with the interest added every 6 months. I took the card type passbook in each year for 3 years, building up to $129, until we moved to Qld.
No St George building society in Qld so the card was filed away and lost for 14 years. Found it when we moved so I thought it should be worth quite a few bucks by this time so took it into a St George branch to be updated.
When St George changed from a building society to a bank they started charging fees and my grandson's account was worth $21.14. The fees outpaced the interest even though the account was not touched, they were just account keeping fees. I told the thieving mongrels what they could do with their bank and closed the account.

$7 million pay rise ? how much is he getting anyway, its a bloody joke, I work my guts out for $24 hr in the rain and freezing cold so I can get 1% interest and get ripped of paying 15% on a credit card, no way hozay, under the bed from now on.

Your guna be pissed tony .Head of com bank got 7,000,000.00 a year pay rise yesterday interest rates to go up again without reserve bank. glad to be nomad and have paid my house off

Hey to be fair that guy works in the rain too, sure he's locked up nice and cosy in his air conditioned office but I doubt he stops work just for the rain.

Apart from anything it's not entirely his fault he's getting the money, his shareholders and other management team agreed on the performance based contract before he signed on the dotted line, he delivered the goods so he got the money. Sure the figures are outrageous compared to what the average bloke earns but his contract isn't that different from many others. I reckon it's an absurd amount of money for any worker in this country but it thats what big business and shareholders have allowed these business men to get away with.

How many of us would not sign a contract that ensured a 50% increase after a set period of time if we could increase business by 50%, same deals just different figures. The accountability lies as much with the people who wrote the contract and agree to the deal as it does with the guy who signs the deal.

Having said that I still think the bastard should share his wealth with me.

Latest posts

Back