ZD30 PUMP TIMING

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshy1

Reaction score
HI GUYS ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO CAN ADVANCE THE ZD30 06 INJECTOR TIMING JUST 2 DEGRES WHEN INSTALLING A PUMP HAD A MATE DO IT FOR ME ONCE ,AND MAN DID IT SOUND GREAT BUT WAS NOT WATCHING HIM WHEN HE DID IT HE HAS SINCE PADT ON SO I CANT ASK HIM ANY COUS ON HOW TO DO THIS WHEN I BOLT UP THE PUMP PLEASE THE PUMP IS HELD ON WITH 3 14 MM BOLTS ,SO HOW CAN I ADVANCE IT A FRACTION LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT IS DONE CHEERS WELSHY1

Advance is electronically controlled, to change initial timing there are 3 bolts mounting the IP at its front these bolt holes are slotted and allow you to spin the pump back or forth. Note there may be a forth steadying bolt underneath and a little further back. Before you alter anything be SURE to make some reference marks so you know where it was before you started. To advance I think move top of IP away from engine.

Advance is electronically controlled, to change initial timing there are 3 bolts mounting the IP at its front these bolt holes are slotted and allow you to spin the pump back or forth. Note there may be a forth steadying bolt underneath and a little further back. Before you alter anything be SURE to make some reference marks so you know where it was before you started. To advance I think move top of IP away from engine.
the bolt holes are not slotted.
there might be some slop you can tweak it a bit. used to that on older motors.
but also i doubt it would make a difference because the ecu compares the crank sensor timing to the injection pump timing sensor and adjusts accordingly.

Latest posts

Back