claimini uca's - which shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
my uca's just arrived from calmini.

what shocks are people running?

do the standard length shocks have enough travel or do you need longer ones?

Hey ben, i've been told my OME shocks have plenty of travel for my 2" lift once I get the UCA installed. Not sure about 3". Speaking of UCA's mine should be here any day now, hopefully today or monday.

Doesn't really matter on the front. With 2" shocks you will still hit both bump stops i believe. Will on down travel anyhow, as when i jack mine right up it sits on the bump stops.

Im running Bilsteins, i like them. Koni are another good one i have heard.

yea mate email them,they open at 2 in the morning qld time and close just before lunch at 10am qld time.i got mine delivered to townsville in 9 days.pretty dam good considering ive waited longer for stuff from snake raceing

Apologies for off-topic question, but what exactly is different about these after-market arms? Are they longer, shorter, have bigger cut-out for the shocks? Just had my car up on ramps and ive by no means a mechanical genius but im confused as to why the standard ones stop the car from gaining that lift, yet these seemingly identical arms from calmini allow more lift.
As i said apologies about the blatant question.

Apologies for off-topic question, but what exactly is different about these after-market arms? Are they longer, shorter, have bigger cut-out for the shocks? Just had my car up on ramps and ive by no means a mechanical genius but im confused as to why the standard ones stop the car from gaining that lift, yet these seemingly identical arms from calmini allow more lift.
As i said apologies about the blatant question.

They dont increase the amount of lift you can have as the bumpstops limit that. What they do do is offer more downtravel with the same amount of lift as the standard ones. They are a different shape. So basically the give more down travel which is handy. I guess they are on a slighly different angle to achieve this.

Hard to explain, but if you lift your front and leave 10mm gap between the bumpstop, but then swap to this control arms, that gap will increase, giving more downtravel if that makes sense.

They also have a larger cut out arount the shock, so when lifting, the shock wont hit on the control are at full extention like the standard ones do.

Pete

Last edited:
Ben85,i got OME shocks atm from my 2" lift and they are fine.
Uniden,yes they have a bigger cut out but i believe that has only changed recently,anyway its hard to tell from pic but they are diffrrent,simply what they do:look under your car from the front,you got your lca and uca in the middle you have a arm comeing of the chassi which has a round rubber thing on top of it being the bump stop so it doesnt hit metal on metal,when you lift your ute that rubber stop gets closer to the uca giveing it bugger all room to move,the calmini arms give you that space back and also fix alighnment issues you would have from haveing stock ucas and a lift.
so haveing stock arms wont stop you from lifting however the calmini ones will make it much less stressful on your ute.

Sorry to hijack the tread. But does any one no if U can replace the rubber seal bit on the calmini uca's without completely pulling them out? because mine has a little hole in it and don't want mud etc getting in there.

the calmini arms give you that space back and also fix alighnment issues you would have from haveing stock ucas and a lift.
so haveing stock arms wont stop you from lifting however the calmini ones will make it much less stressful on your ute.

Spot on Craig. As far as my knowledge stretches about this, you cannot get a full 2" lift up front due to the bump stops clearances, which is where the calmini arms come in. More bump stop room, allows more torsion crankage = more lift.
I'm in that very boat at the moment my self. Back is at almost 50mm, and front is at 30 or so, and cannot go up any more until i get those arms. (Monday fingers crosses). So the car road-sniffs and it looks buttugly. :pissedoff:

no worries,you will have to replace the whole joint mate,dont have to take the arm all the way out though.
jack it up,wheel off,crack the arm loose from joint with hammer of pickle fork (cant fit a puller in there for memory).then just take of the old 1 with those 4 bolts and new 1 on,if i was you though i would seal it however you can(lecky tape :) and get as much life from it as you can,just keep an eye on it. then replace it as im pretty sure they are about 50 -80 bucks on ebay,snake raceing is 190 dont go near em.

no worries,you will have to replace the whole joint mate,dont have to take the arm all the way out though.
jack it up,wheel off,crack the arm loose from joint with hammer of pickle fork (cant fit a puller in there for memory).then just take of the old 1 with those 4 bolts and new 1 on,if i was you though i would seal it however you can(lecky tape :) and get as much life from it as you can,just keep an eye on it. then replace it as im pretty sure they are about 50 -80 bucks on ebay,snake raceing is 190 dont go near em.

no worries thanks a million mate. Do I just get any old ball joints. Or im guessing they need to be calmini ones?

Spot on Craig. As far as my knowledge stretches about this, you cannot get a full 2" lift up front due to the bump stops clearances, which is where the calmini arms come in. More bump stop room, allows more torsion crankage = more lift.
I'm in that very boat at the moment my self. Back is at almost 50mm, and front is at 30 or so, and cannot go up any more until i get those arms. (Monday fingers crosses). So the car road-sniffs and it looks buttugly. :pissedoff:

haha i hate that look ay,i put 32" bighorns on with neg 13 offset and since have done body lift and those arm to stop them scrubbing,just gotta wind the bars up a little and its all done,winding the bars up makes a world of difference ay.i love haveing excuses to do more mods haha.deffently glad i got the uca's,especially from the us guys.you know somethings wrong when they get it to you faster from the us then they do from australia

i believe they are d21 ball joints mate,maybe someone can confirm but im 99% they are d21 ball joints

haha i hate that look ay,i put 32" bighorns on with neg 13 offset and since have done body lift and those arm to stop them scrubbing,just gotta wind the bars up a little and its all done,winding the bars up makes a world of difference ay.i love haveing excuses to do more mods haha.deffently glad i got the uca's,especially from the us guys.you know somethings wrong when they get it to you faster from the us then they do from australia

Tell me about it man. I also hope that once the arms are in, and i'm able to level the car out, (front goes up), it'll give me just that much more clearence to stop the scrubbing i sometimes get from the tyres and rims. Don't mention getting stuff quicker out of US, than from somewhere within Aus. It' so true, sometimes it makes my blood boil. lol

yea im still getting it sometimes but when i level out the front end to match the arms (only put em in a few days ago)hopefully that will stop it for good.what tyres are you running? .haha its terrible isnt it,it just baffles me how useless some of the companys are in Aus.

Latest posts

Back