Chipit Power Pack Installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkarlos

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just thought I would let you all know what a massive difference it makes after installing the Chipit Power pack with EGR block mod and EGT controller. I must admit that I was skeptical at first but I was just blown away after I drove away from where I had it installed. Andrew from Diesel-Tech in Lillydale Victoria did the job and I recon it was money well spent here. I have it set on tune 5 Folder 2 and I think I will leave it there because there is more than enough power for me anyways. Not blowing smoke either.
Question though:-
I was wondering if any of you guys have this set up and where have you mounted your gauge?? I am trying to figure out a good place for it. At the moment it is located near the "A" pillar but it looks a bit wonky because the dash is rounded where it meets the "A" pillar and the gauge itself is square so it doesn't sit flat on the dash.
Or... Is it possible to switch to a different gauge and use the original chipit wiring by unplugging the wiring from the back of the gauge unit??
Thanks in advance..
Karlos.

Sound very promising, just waiting for the funds before I get this done.

Just wondering what your EGT's are your getting just driving around town etc.

Cheers

Up hill giving it heaps, I get to around 515. I set the cut off at 575 which was recommended but normal highway driving anywhere from 340-490. Coasting down hill under back pressure it can drop to 180 and below. I haven't done any off roading with it yet and I will be wanting to know what happens on sand. That will be interesting.

Im sure alot of guys are wanting this done...

Would be good if we could get a bulk buy group together and see if we could get packages for $800 or so...

I'm keen as mustard, just not sure where in Sydney I can get it done. Anyone have any advice

If you want someone to install it for you Gorms try contacting Mitchell Bros 4x4 as they are a distributor for ChipIT in NSW. Ph. 9905 4764

I paid $1750.00 installed but I also got them to replace the diff oil as well because I don't really trust the oil that Nissan put in as part of the pre delivery. At least I know that the oil in the diff is top notch and one less thing to worry about.

SilverMoose said:
If you want someone to install it for you Gorms try contacting Mitchell Bros 4x4 as they are a distributor for ChipIT in NSW. Ph. 9905 4764

Thanks mate. I'll get onto it.

I havent towed with it yet but I recon thats mainly the reason for the chip in the first place. To be honest, I couldn't see how I could tow comfortably with out the mod.

Thanks again.

Just hoping I don't go to get it installed and they say I need to upgrade a whole bunch of things!

I was told by a company that it is recommended to get a 3inch exhaust
Plus a snorkel to allow the engine to breathe better and achieve the best performance

I was told by a company that it is recommended to get a 3inch exhaust
Plus a snorkel to allow the engine to breathe better and achieve the best performance

if u have a look on the chipit website and under the d22 section, you will see that they are getting 110kw with power package from a standard d22 2.5L. no exhaust mods or intercooler upgrades or any of that. just straight from the shop to the computer. so with an exhaust you will be lowering egt's again and gettin more power possibly.

im looking into doing this to mine. i have snorkel, K&N filter and 2.5" turbo back exhaust. so should probably get good gains from chip.

Hi guys,
Just thought I would let you all know what a massive difference it makes after installing the Chipit Power pack with EGR block mod and EGT controller. I must admit that I was skeptical at first but I was just blown away after I drove away from where I had it installed. Andrew from Diesel-Tech in Lillydale Victoria did the job and I recon it was money well spent here. I have it set on tune 5 Folder 2 and I think I will leave it there because there is more than enough power for me anyways. Not blowing smoke either.
Question though:-
I was wondering if any of you guys have this set up and where have you mounted your gauge?? I am trying to figure out a good place for it. At the moment it is located near the "A" pillar but it looks a bit wonky because the dash is rounded where it meets the "A" pillar and the gauge itself is square so it doesn't sit flat on the dash.
Or... Is it possible to switch to a different gauge and use the original chipit wiring by unplugging the wiring from the back of the gauge unit??
Thanks in advance..
Karlos.

Hey Karlos I've been doing some towing with mine and it's great. I'm running Tune 4 folder 2 and get some smoke out the exhaust. I'm wondering if i go up to tune 5 if it will help. I haven't got the EGT guage but i'm thinking about getting it

Latest posts

Back