Chewed wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAD

Reaction score
Hi all ,
Had decided that I should check fluids and today as I have a day off . SO check all the oil , power steering , brake fluid ,water levels all good , so I went to start the car and low oil light comes on flashing for about a minute and then goes off I let the engine cool down check it again , oil level is good . Try again start car and the same oil low , flashing oil lamp. Now the car ran good yesterday and did not give this message . Come back in read manual and forums they says there is a common problem with the oil level sensor check it so I pull top plastic cover off engine and I noticed a few bare wires . on top of engine . They look like something has chewed on the wire . Now I have two problems to fix .

just a rant . Greg

Attachments

• 2014-10-13 10.09.56.jpg
    2014-10-13 10.09.56.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 104
  • 2014-10-13 10.10.03 s.jpg
    2014-10-13 10.10.03 s.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 98
my mum has trouble out on the farm with mice getting under the bonnet and chewing the ignition leads on her car. she has to leave the bonnet up whenever its parked in the shed. in fact the mice get into everything and chews the wires

Rats and mice can cause huge problems, they like a nice warm spot to sleep, put plenty of talon in your garage or where you keep your car. The rats chewed the battery tops on my wife's mazda, but we live in amongst the bush and farmland, so talon and ransack get used a lot

Latest posts

Back