Changing tyre size and a wheel alignment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
I recently fitted some 265/75/16 MTZ's on steel rims to the D22 and had a wheel alignment done at the time as it changed camber a fair bit. Things have been good but I'm going for a road trip over this xmas break with a lot of highway driving so going to put the stock duelers back on which are a size down.

Do you guys worry about another wheel alignment when swapping between the 31 inch stockers and the 32 inch muddies? Or do people just swap as they please and just drive the thing?

So if I don't get a wheel alignment each time I swap wheels my tyres will wear faster? Or at least the stock bridgestones will wear quicker seeing as the alignment is fine for the muddies?

No wheel alignment aligns the geometry of steering links, axle pitch and tyre contact to the road surface.

So changing from muds to AT's will make no difference except the rolling ratio to the drive line.

So changing down a size in tyre does not affect the geometry of steering links, axle pitch or contact patch??

Latest posts

Back