changing fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamp

Reaction score
hey i bought me self a fuel filter to change on the wk end. ive done oil filter and stuff be for but neva done a fuel filter be for

id tryed searching on the forum how to change it but im looking for a step by step how to do it.
last thing i want it to have air in my lines and stuff me pump. i heard that u use clips to stop the fuel running back ?
thanx

i thought there was several threads on this. i wrote at least one of them !

short version, clamp hose with pliers, pull hose off, fold back and tie down. thats to stop fuel draining back to tank.
take off other fuel hose, unbolt fiter, change filter (wet the o rings) bolt back in, refit out hose. clamp in hose, untie, refit, release clamp.
pump primer till hard.
start engine. if it stops reprime filter DO NOT TURN OVER ENGINE WITH NO FUEL IN IT

I'll add to that - clamping the fuel lines is a must, also make sure you don't tilt the filter as any diesel that escapes unfiltered into the line may (read this happened to me) contaminate your fuel pump resulting in your vehicle going into limp mode (Error code 77) with no fix available except 4 - 8 K to get the fuel pump replaced.

Latest posts

Back