Camper Trailer.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too keen on stuff that is heavy and has to be dragged out of a trailer. BTDT too many times in the past. When we were still tent camping, we were considering a trailer with a "kitchen"/burners built in.

However, that was with a group and when it is just us, we often just use a Trangia for a cuppa and a 3 burner stove on a stand for any cooking. The card table was the bench.

The weighty problem was hot water for washing up, and showers as we used the LP cast rings, but they seem to have compact heaters now. Something economical, but built in seems the way to go there.

We saw some taps that had built-in heaters to make hot water at a camping show. Brilliant idea. Power? 2400 Watts. Our Honda Eu20si would do it, but it would not do it for long.

We have a Coleman constant hot water unit with carry bag, spare bottle blah blah - it's brilliant. I wouldn't make coffee from it, because I don't keep it sterile, but it's superb for making shower water and even comes with a shower rose attachment.

Our caravan has a built-in hot water system that runs on gas/240V, which is okay but not continuous like the Coleman. Get these things at K-Mart, Rays or most camping stores. The only problem is lugging them around - they are a little bulky.

We used a Coleman once, for a shower. Enough for use to say never again as it ran hot cold hot cold. However, as simply a device to heat water for a shower(thru simple 12v pump system) or washing up, it would be okay.

Bulky is the three ring cast iron low pressure LPG burner, 20L pot, bricks, stands and wind guard that we currently use for hotwater. Major PITA when mobile.

The trick will be to find the brand that uses least gas.

Have a look on the drifta website. They do a small hot water service as well Not that far from sydney either. Yes i am name dropping i bought my trackabout camper through him, And was really happy so i dont mind name dropping. Getting a good range of drawers for trailers and utes.

Back