camber adjustment on late model d40's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin_7

Reaction score
Hey guys, im wondering if anyone knows if changes have been made to late model d40's to allow more camber adjustment.
The reason I ask, is ive just fitted a lift & with around 3 inches lift, and have had no issues with camber. In fact the tyre shop that did my wheel alignment thinks I could probably go a little higher & still be ok.
Ive also seen a few others on here that have gone up around 3 inches as well with no camber issues.
Mine is a 2012 ST by the way

Being a 2012 st is that a thai built truck? If it is a thai they normally have the lower arm adjusters already there.

Being a 2012 st is that a thai built truck? If it is a thai they normally have the lower arm adjusters already there.

no its a spain built.

Im surprised you still have more left, my 2012 ST got a 55mm lift in the front and i had to run off set caster bushes to bring it back and even then it was on max and the tyre services i went to said they would of liked it to be .5deg more to be perfect

Boostin_7 got lucky then!!!

i would say he got three inches of lift from where it sat when it went in for the kit, BUT not from where it sat from factory, being almost two years old its not hard to have the stock gear sag 25mm or more especially if its running some bar work up from ect.
So while it may of gone up three inches i would like to know the exact measurements from the centre of the wheel to the arch of the guards to know how much lift it got from stock.

hmmm.... ok maybe i was lucky, or the tyre shop bloke had no idea what he's talking about.

Yeah its quite possible that the stock gear had sagged a fair bit, making my 2 inch lift seem like 3.
I just took a couple of measurements on the driveway, which is sloping a little down at the nose of the car.
stock tyre to wheel arch lip is 195mm
centre of rim to wheel arch lip is 560mm

hmmm.... ok maybe i was lucky, or the tyre shop bloke had no idea what he's talking about.

Yeah its quite possible that the stock gear had sagged a fair bit, making my 2 inch lift seem like 3.
I just took a couple of measurements on the driveway, which is sloping a little down at the nose of the car.
stock tyre to wheel arch lip is 195mm
centre of rim to wheel arch lip is 560mm

here is the measurements i took off my 2012 ST when it was only a few days old with the bullbar already installed, and the measurements taken after 1500km of having the lift done.

FRONT BEFORE = 500MM (from centre of rim/axle)
FRONT AFTER = 555MM

REAR BEFORE = 535MM
REAR AFTER = 600MM *(empty and with out bar work)

Hey bud
I have a 2011 Thai built navara st and i have a 49mm lift from standard specs in the front of mine and my camber adjusters are still not even half way... IM going up another 30mm.... Point is its a production car and ever one will be different meassuesnts from factory... Some will need ucs' after a small lift and some wont :

Hey bud
I have a 2011 Thai built navara st and i have a 49mm lift from standard specs in the front of mine and my camber adjusters are still not even half way... IM going up another 30mm.... Point is its a production car and ever one will be different meassuesnts from factory... Some will need ucs' after a small lift and some wont :

First of all welcome to the forum.

Thai built have camber/caster adjusters in front and rear of the control arms where spain built dont, its for that reason that one D40 will have camber issues and another one wont with around the same amount of lift.

Also if you go to a Nissan dealer and wonder around the yard and measure every 4cyl D40 you will find they stand at very close height to each other, so i would have to disagree there on some needing UCA and some wont.

The main reason for replacing the UCA is the coil bucket contact when going over 50mm of lift the camber issue is really secondary as it can be fixed with off set caster bushes.

Hey "the lone ranger"

Yea i agree with your reply 100%
IM still learning myself about these ifs fronts and strut setups :)

IM from melb and tracked down zordo and bought a set of bigger springs and new adjustable front struts and installed them last nite and got another 35mm lift. I have the front and rear camber adjusters like i said and hope that i have enough adjustment left avoid anymore mods.

Cheers bud

Hey "the lone ranger"

Yea i agree with your reply 100%
IM still learning myself about these ifs fronts and strut setups :)

IM from melb and tracked down zordo and bought a set of bigger springs and new adjustable front struts and installed them last nite and got another 35mm lift. I have the front and rear camber adjusters like i said and hope that i have enough adjustment left avoid anymore mods.

Cheers bud

Sweet Zordo is always super helpful,
so whats the measurement now from centre of your rim to the guard?

Sorry for the late reply mate the measurement is 590mm and i guess will hopefully go down 10mm once settled so hopeing for 580mm.
Was 550 before the extra lift with my old dobinsons 2 inch springs.

Zordo has been amazingly helpful with me getting what i want.
I don't have much down travel anymore lol but i can live with that now the front of my nav sits level.with the back. Looks heaps better just hope wheel alignment. Works out in my favour.

Latest posts

Back