Calmini UCA's illegal!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I have a document here saying the rear wheels track is 1525mm and the front is 1545mm.

I still dont understand how your wheel track has changed only by by 60mm when fitting -8 offset wheel? There should be a difference of 48mm per side as each standard D22 wheel has an offset of +40.

Ill take back what I said about a 16x8 inch rim adding 12.5mm to wheel track as I made the mistake of thinking wheel track was measured from outside rim to outside rim, whereas it is actually measured from the centre of the rim, meaning whatever width the rim is it doesnt matter, as long as it is suitable for the tyre.

Yep I have a document here saying the rear wheels track is 1525mm and the front is 1545mm.

I still dont understand how your wheel track has changed only by by 60mm when fitting -8 offset wheel? There should be a difference of 48mm per side as each standard D22 wheel has an offset of +40.

Ill take back what I said about a 16x8 inch rim adding 12.5mm to wheel track as I made the mistake of thinking wheel track was measured from outside rim to outside rim, whereas it is actually measured from the centre of the rim, meaning whatever width the rim is it doesnt matter, as long as it is suitable for the tyre.

Mine are -5 offset, the track Nissan quote is measured from outside of drum to drum? which is 1525.

The wheel track from my 2004 model is actually different from the new models, the new quoted figures are 1525mm front and 1505mm rear

so did you pass the inspection on the 12th or have to change the date?
last time i had this happen (on a previous vehicle) i fixed what they asked for but got sent home with a new list to fix!

so did you pass the inspection on the 12th or have to change the date?
last time i had this happen (on a previous vehicle) i fixed what they asked for but got sent home with a new list to fix!

No I changed the date but the "nice" DOT inspector forgot to log it in the system and hence I received a $683 fine in the mail for not presenting the vehicle for inspection, now how to wait until 22 January when he comes back from holidays to get the fine waived.

A neighbour had his upper control arm shear apart a few weeks ago, just slowed down from 100kph. They are factory control arms. Was lucky no damage, but you could imagine the shit storm if he had of crashed, with factory arms it would be seen as wear and tear, but if they were after market arms it would of been a legal nightmare

Really?

You think?

We're not commercial aircraft pilots, there is no NTSB, there will be no year long investigation.

This is how it will go:
Your Neighbour: "Uhh, Hi AAMI, I had a car crash, can I lodge a claim?"
Insurance Company: "Sure take your car down to xyz panel beaters"

Latest posts

Back