Calmini uca and cv angles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I am seriously looking at the calmini upper control arms and it looks like they will be my next purchase (05 d22).

Now I understand how they allow for an extra inch of lift on front (by further winding of bars) and give back some down travel while retaining nice specs for wheel alignment, but what about cv angles?

Surely cv angles are worse from the extra winding???
Is this a worry???

Also the ball joint supplied looks completely different to the nissan one.Does this mean a PITA should ball joints ever need replacing on the new arms.

Any help/advice/feedback from anyone who has fitted these would be greatly appreciated before I spend my hard earned.

Cheers

Have a talk to ScottyBobcat im pretty sure he put a set of long travel upper control arms on his d22 not sure what brand they were though.

I just put calmini in mine mate and they are fantastic.The ball joints are different to the D22 ones but they are D21 ball joints and you can get them anywhere.I havn't had any problems with my CV's either.

Thanks Scotty
That helps make things a bit clearer.
I dont do hardcore offroading anyway, just beach and average bush/gravel tracks so probably safe if I do decide to wind up the full 3 inches.

Latest posts

Back