Bump stops with UCAs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
I have snake racing UCAs in, I was wondering would it be safe to take about 5-10mm off the bump stop for more travel??
Cheers

Oops have to edit that. I wouldn't be touching the bump stops I'd be going about 20-30mm below the standard height bump stops. Some funny things happen to the handling when it goes to close the the stops

Last edited:
Nah calcal, I wouldn't be cutting anything off the bump stops. It'll stick out like a sore thumb to anyone that's nosey enough to look.

I've been told that your shock will hit full extension before it completely crumples the bump stop therefore making not difference. Is this true?

I've been told that your shock will hit full extension before it completely crumples the bump stop therefore making not difference. Is this true?

Nah, load of crap I reckon, every time you hit your bump stop you'd put a heap of impact stress on your shocks, I don't reckon they'd hold up too well to that kinda punishment.

By design, shocks need to be made with more travel than what the vehicle will allow.

And bumpstops compress down pretty well at full travel.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah I was just trying to think of a way to get more travel at the front and that's the only thing I could come up with

Design yourself a did drop bracket?
what happened to the patrol?

Latest posts

Back