Bull bar and Winch - Suspension Uplift required?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wirregar

Reaction score
I own a 2009 D40, Fairly Stock at this point in time - but that will change.. I have an ARB Delux bar up front, and am just about to install a 12000lb Winch to it.

I am a little worried I have put a bit too much weight up front for the stock suspension.

Whats the thoughts? Will the stock suspension handle this ok for a while, or should I be beefing up the front now?

I dont really want to life the truck just yet, but will consider it if the end result will be best and I get a better ride and handling with adding the winch and bar.

Thanks for the input in advance.

I've got aftermarket shocks and stock torsion bars (wound up) on the front of my D22 with a steel ARB bar and a 12,000 lb steel cable winch.

The front suspension is somewhat softer than I'd like (well damped but under sprung), it would be worse than that if I still had the stock shocks.

I'd be considering an upgrade if I was you...

Last edited:
U will get away with for a bit but i wouldn't go to long it will float around every where my wipers used to flick on by themselves if i hit a decent bump with the stock suspension winch/bullbar and it was brand new.

Has your car been in for the bonnet latch recall? If not, bolt the winch on and take it in. Nissan will replace the front springs with HD springs which will return the ride height to standard. That's what they did on my car.

Recently though, I've ditched the stock suspension and now that I've done a couple of thousand km with the new suspension (and done some 4WDing too), I can see how crappy the standard suspension is.

Now, my Navara wears Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sports shocks and OME Dakar springs. I chose the shocks for their high heat dissipation rate and the springs for their dual-rate leafs for the rear. They are NOTHING like the standard factory shocks - I really wish I'd jumped earlier and done it.

Latest posts

Back