Bringing wire and coax into cabin

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yobbo

Reaction score
Hello, I am finally going to install a UHF and a HF radio in the Navara, I will also be running a thick power cable direct from the battery into the cabin as well, are there any preexisting holes / grommets that allow easy access from the engine bay to the cabin or do I need to drill some?

Thanks Yobbo

dont know what year yours is, but my 05 has a grommet on drivers side firewall that you can drill/poke out the middle of, gives you about 13mm and still leaves outside of grommet in place. Most convenient place ive found yet.

The bonnet cable is a good one a dab of silicon and your done but a 5wt uhf does not draw a heap of current so going to the battery is not necessary,tap into the fuse box or cig lighter that will provide more than the unit needs.

Thanks for your replies, my Navara is a 04, and the UHF is a 25 watt and the HF is 100w so it need to direct to the battery

goodluck
I ran my uhf wires inside passengers guard then in through passenger side door grommet

Rather than trying to run a few power wires through the firewall, it might be worth running 1 heavy gauge cable through and terminate it in a distribution box under the dash, then run the radio wiring from that. As for the antenna cables, I ran mine through the drivers door grommet and through the guard to the front, but that was because the Thai models don't have any bungs in the firewall that you can pass cabling through...

I just put in a second battery on the back seat passenger side floor.
Ran the cable from battery, down the outside of the firewall, following other cables.
Then took out the drivers seat, under that is a large grommet that i fed the cable into the cabin and to the second battery.
The cable is going through a Engel Batman 150 isolator.
I put silicon inside and outside to make sure it is waterproof.
You can see the large grommet if you look underneath near the center of the drivers seat...

Last edited:
ive got a 03 d22, ZD30 i found a plate bolted to the firewall behind the engine, near the egr pipe on the driverside, it just has two nuts holding it on and a couple of bolts with long spacres on the inside, it was only covering a oval shaped hole, not sure what it was used for on other models, it would be "roughly"15-20mm wide, and 40mm ish long. I drilled 4 holes in the bracket and ran boost gaugetube and some others through. Or you could just remove the blanking plate and fit a big grommet.

Job done, thank you. I ended up bringing power and coax in via the grommet on the fire wall directly above the heater hoses

Latest posts

Back