Boost turns into the vacuum under load. Why?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cesanneo2

Reaction score
Hi.
My boost reading through the app is generally 5-10 psi.
Under acceleration and 3k+ revs it reaches 20 psi and then I have the sudden vacuum on the meter.
No black smoke (at least nothing so bad I could see any dark clouds through my back mirror).
I would expect the pressure to build to 20 psi and if overpumped I would expect the wastegate action to be swift and observe small drop maybe, no vacuum. Should it work how I think it should?
Did you experience something similar - positive boost pressure turning to vac under quick acceleration? If I accelerate slowly it never boosts to 20 psi but also doesn't turn to vac.

cheers

check for pre turbo intake hose collapse. one of the d40 version was prone to that. that can also happen with blocked up filter/snorkel etc.

If you go into the app
Long press your boost gauge
Click display configuration
Set minimum value
Either make that value 0 or 1
You could also make your max value 25 or whatever works best for your display

I have a gauge wired into the car
It doesnt jump around like the app used to before doing those things.
If the value gets changed back it will still jump around..

I don't believe you have anything wrong and that it is just the app not entirely reading your car

This is good to know i use Torque app and my R51 does similar, it hits full boost them violently goes boost -vacuum, but no change in the way car runs.

If you go into the app
Long press your boost gauge
Click display configuration
Set minimum value
Either make that value 0 or 1
You could also make your max value 25 or whatever works best for your display

I have a gauge wired into the car
It doesnt jump around like the app used to before doing those things.
If the value gets changed back it will still jump around..

I don't believe you have anything wrong and that it is just the app not entirely reading your car
wow, i have similar issue on my d23 yd25 😅, the boost gauge on obd when full throttle sometime jump to negative, i dont feel any different on the performance

its max out at 1.5bar then sometime jump to -1.0 bar several time.. i dont feel any jerky or issue

i tried several other apps.. torque, motordata,car scanner etc, and several obd adapter all those show similar result..

i though its bad boost sensor, glad to hear its only a glitch and happen on other navara

Latest posts

Back