Body lifting perth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacb_

Reaction score
Just wodering if there is anyone in perth that would put in a 2 inch body lift for me, i would pay cash aswell. The reason i want someone else to do it is because i dont have all the tools/equipment to do it myself and also the only place i have found that does body lift is tech9 but they charge a shit load to do it!

Cheers Zac

The reason why most workshops charge so much is as follows. The materials for a body lift retail for $400 if you buy the kit from someone such as Zordo as most Nav owners do. You then have to pay either 1 - 2 people to fit the kit. Most workshops charge around $100/hour for time on a lift and the job of fitting a body lift kit would take a skilled fitter between 4 - 6 hours so $400 - $600. If two people are doing it it would take 3 - 4 hours but having to pay 2 wages puts the price up even more to around $600 - $800 just for labour. When you add up the cost of both labour and materials its easy to see how such a simple task can cost over $1000. A body lift is not just simply putting the blocks between the chassis and cab/tray but also lifting the bullbar and rear bar, adjusting the steering column and removing the fan shroud. As you can see all of these tasks take time hence the large amount of labour required for such a simple job. I hope this helps

Just a thought, if you have some basic mechanical knowledge, why not put the cash you were going to use into some tools as you dont need many to install the body lift, then at the end of the day you get the lift installedand gain some tools. Its a simple job just time consuming.

Plus there's enough info on here, how to do it and support if you have trouble.
What suburb are you in, must be someone near enough to you, who's vehicle you can look at to help make it easier.

Yeah man just gotta be on one of my days off I'm a shift worker. You NOR or SOR?

The reason why most workshops charge so much is as follows. The materials for a body lift retail for $400 if you buy the kit from someone such as Zordo as most Nav owners do. You then have to pay either 1 - 2 people to fit the kit. Most workshops charge around $100/hour for time on a lift and the job of fitting a body lift kit would take a skilled fitter between 4 - 6 hours so $400 - $600. If two people are doing it it would take 3 - 4 hours but having to pay 2 wages puts the price up even more to around $600 - $800 just for labour. When you add up the cost of both labour and materials its easy to see how such a simple task can cost over $1000. A body lift is not just simply putting the blocks between the chassis and cab/tray but also lifting the bullbar and rear bar, adjusting the steering column and removing the fan shroud. As you can see all of these tasks take time hence the large amount of labour required for such a simple job. I hope this helps

i reckon i could do it in 2 hours if i was trying to beat the clock, not including the bullbar.

bullbar is straight forward esp. if its an alloy bar, steels a bit harder mostly because of the weight. you might need a couple of mates to help lift it on and off. or you could use a block an tackle style setup.

but doing it for the 1st time just take your time, allow yourself most of the day.

all you really need is sockets, and a jack. but things like ratchet ring spanners, air ratchet etc come in handy.

personally id spend the money on some tools and diy.

Zordos kit comes with all of the bolts, blocks and some basic instructions. You wil need to drill the new holes for the bullbar and rear step yourself

all you need for the front and rear bars is a good drill and a decent 13mm drill bit for memory.
just re drill the holes and reuse the same bolts, no blocks required.
there are threads with detail on how to do both.

Jeez even with a massive headache (not beer related honest...) a mate and I sorted my BL lift in under 4hours. Including a stop for much required beverages.

If your truck is paid off, just go out, buy the right (decent) tools and have a crack. The sense of achievement is wicked. Good luck with the certs tho. Even up here in NQ I've had differing stories. since the changes, no one is happy to put their proverbial bits on the block.

Either way, lift it and enjoy it.

Cheers for the help, do you know where i have to drill the holes?

cant remember exactly, in the bullbar brackets and where the bullbar mounts to the bracket. and the rear bar mounts. its quite easy. hardest part is probably the size of the holes, it comes in handy to have a drill that can drill slow enough so that the bit doesnt get too hot and end up blunt.

When I did mine I drilled a 6mm pilot hole, then went up to 10mm then finally12mm. All done with a cordless drill.

hey dilamh
earlier you mentioned that you would install a zordo body lift for someone for $300
could you please install one on my d22 id be more than happy to pay you $350
cheers let me know 0449947622 it would be much appreciated thanks

Latest posts

Back