blown turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded my D22 with 280,000km's on the clock. Turbo was fine and the original.

Nathan's 05 D22 got written off with 350,000km's and still had the original turbo on it .

Mines got 250000k and still original turbo as well. And it lives a tough life.

Cheers, the later D22's are a lot less prone to destroy turbo's.

What made you decide to sell yours? Mine has lived a hard life, always driven hard, most of the time with trailers behind it.
I cant see it breaking down anytime soon!
But I will want to upgrade eventually for more comfort but I cant see newer utes taking as much abuse.

Needed to be able to put my 1 year old in the ute.

Plus its better with tax, I am a contractor.

Any ideas how good the terrano turbos are? Interested to see how the second hand one I bolted to the QD32 donk is going to go. I imagine its already done a few hundred thousand :S

Update : going back up now intake manifold and head cleaned,found one bend intake valve,idler bearing noisy,bushing for belt tensioner bad,bushing were made out of plastic,even thought i had block off the egr,four out of eight exhaust value had a heavy deposit of gunk,see pictures.

Attachments

• IMG-20130501-00064.jpg
    IMG-20130501-00064.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG-20130501-00067.jpg
    IMG-20130501-00067.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 78
i am a machinist,train on engine works,but i am thinking around BDS$500 which is equal to AUS$256,trying to find the torque settings for the con rod and main head bolts from manual,talks about tighten to 30 N-m,undoing then tighten to 20 N-m and finally going to 120 degrees(angular tightening),which is for con rod.

more updating,got new glow plugs since three out of four of the old ones weren't glowing,strange the navara never gave trouble on start up,any ways tried to start it,nothing,it just swung over,re-looked at the timing,my chain only has on a yellow link on it,no blue and the c mark on the injection doesn't line up with the double c mark on idle gear,will keep at it and posted the results.

My d22 is a 02 with 122 thou! do ya think i should get the turbo looked at or even think about getting a new 1? or is it just this community that worrys about them?

This has just happened to a mate of mines 2012 R-51 pathfinder with 60,000 ks on it , its in at the stealer now , ill let you know the outcome

ok,i have gotten the c-cc marks line up and on closer inspection of the chain i can see the blue links marks,they are more grey then blue,got to put back in the cams,injectors,etc

it has started,interesting to note,even when it was down,i was still liken it,now that it has started,even better,the land rover td5 that i had was good,but i could never have work on it myself,injectors were coded,injectors seal were to be change every year,i was told,i would have being a nightmare with it being at the dealership,aka sealership.water to air intercooler is the next project.

got about 1000 kms,now on the nissan,had problems with the butterfly shut-down valve,the hose had some nick in them.the nissan is driving even better,have a nice engine's note when cruising. i am removing the pre-cleaner to make room for a tank to hold the water for the water injection set-up.pictures coming soon.

Back