Black Paint Scratch!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aleksgavri

Reaction score
Hey all,

I had my car parked and someone has sent a nice 2 inch scratch on my left hand passenger door :pissedoff:
I was wanting some advice on fixing this problem, has anyone used any products that they found worked really well? Appreciate the help fellas!

If the scratch is very white and u can feel it with your nail then its deep and will need paint . If its milky and fades to nothing and you cant feel it then you can possibly buff it out .

Black Nicko? lol

I took mine back to nissan as their car wash guy scratched (while it was getting serviced) it with his belt and they have a guy that comes around and fixed it for free...

Not sure how much they would charge though if you asked them?

Well here it is

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 122
It's hard to tell.
If you have a polish with a lite cut like a colour restorer, I would try that first. I wouldn't use a buffing/cutting compound first. If you think it has gone through your colour to expose the undercoat get a touchup guy to look at it.( Google touchup) If this is the case you don't want to fill the scratch with polish in case it needs paint. Touchup guys have some magic. Or you could pop into a local paint repair shop.

That could be paint transfer but honestly I dont think so.If they feel like raised bumos it could be the other cars paint.
However if they are holes not bumps then I think it will need paint.

Yeah it definitely feels like holes. Originally it looked a lot worse however the majority of the white paint came off. Looks as though it's going to be a paint job :(
Have any of you guys used 'Holts DupliColour Touch Up Brush'?

I had something similar but worse if that makes sense.I worked on if for hours with touch up paint and clear .Long story short its not anywhere near as visible but tis still there if you look hard enough
Worst part is I put the scratch in it in the first place. Door opened on an air tank and bingo scratch.
At the end of the day I now have stone ships all over the front and a few other chips down the side. try as hard as we might there will always be chips on the paintwork from simply driving it

I get worse than that every time I go fishing or offroad. When I sell it I may give it a proper cut n polish, I think they call it a correction, however if i was to start doing it every scratch i got Id have no paint left.
Just polish out whatever comes out, call it a real mans car and look forward to the next one.

Good advice fellas, I'm going to give the touch up guys a call and have them sort it out. I tried the touch-up paint and it works okay but it's still visible. Next time I'll make sure to park away from everybody else!

Back