Best way to make driving lights un stealable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke91

Reaction score
Hey guys had my 3 lightforce driving lights knocked off my bullbar last night and was wondering what the best way is to make them unstealable for next time.
Cheers

Nigh on impossible. :(

One way to help reduce the possibility is to weld a nut to the exposed thread of the mounting bolt. This means you can still get a spanyola onto the "proper" mounting nut to keep them tight, but makes it much more difficult for anyone to remove them.

Are they the 240 blitz?

A guy on new hilux.net put some grub screws into is which meant you can't steal the lens or something.

Where ever you park , if possible touch park up to a wall , that makes the lil mongral ****ers work a bit harder

Grille-mounted proximity sensors and quad-barrelled double-voltage tasers. Fcuk the mongrels.

If they want it they'll take it regardless of what security you attach to it. Click on this link to see the thief's best friend.

Parking it nose-to-wall is a good idea. Roping a pit bull to it is another idea. Or a Catholic Priest that hasn't seen any ass for a while, that'd make the little bastards tremble.

The worse problem with any of the 'solutions' that may cause pain is that the prick stealing the lights will sue you, take your Nav, your house and every cent you have in the bank by order of one of esteemed judiciary in this country.

The worse problem with any of the 'solutions' that may cause pain is that the prick stealing the lights will sue you, take your Nav, your house and every cent you have in the bank by order of one of esteemed judiciary in this country.

and then go out with your money and buy a dmax:eviltongue:

So what are you suggesting, the thieving bastards that would do such things have no taste as well?

Thanks for the good ideas. Parking close to a wall a good one. Next pair will have tamper proof nuts just to make it harder. Can ya get them for an aerial. Cos that's gone as well. I'm spewin!

i hope they get van aerial disease :rofl:
seriously but,bad luck mate ,kharma will catch up with them sooner or later
have a look at roo lights
1/2 the price of lightforce and just as good

Grille-mounted proximity sensors and quad-barrelled double-voltage tasers. Fcuk the mongrels.

If they want it they'll take it regardless of what security you attach to it. Click on this link to see the thief's best friend.

Parking it nose-to-wall is a good idea. Roping a pit bull to it is another idea. Or a Catholic Priest that hasn't seen any ass for a while, that'd make the little bastards tremble.
Like it!

best way i found that will keep you being able to take them off is to use metal weld glue and fill the hex head up (light bar) or rub it around the outside of the nut to make it smooth, will set hard so you cant get shifter on and allen key into the hole. and when you want to get the lights off you simply heat it up and wipe it off. not many thieves are smart enough to carry a blow torch with them when stealing lights.

and well if they try using an angle grinder and no one sees/hears then well they deserve to be stolen

This is what I did to my Hella lights to make them theft proof.

The only way to get them off is to remove the lock nut (1st photo) which is a standard wheel lock nut.

Even if someone undid the exposed nut (3rd photo), all they would achieve is loosening the light but the bolt will not come out because of the tab covering the head of the bolt (2nd photo).

The light really needs to come off to be able to take the photos and explain exactly what has been done, other than to say the brackets are 2 piece and all held together by the lock nut.

Attachments

• Image0380.jpg
    Image0380.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Image0381.jpg
    Image0381.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Image0382.jpg
    Image0382.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 126
Back