Best chip for ZD30? What are yas running?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Zed,

i take it there is nothing different about your ZD30 to everyone else?

because i have a no limit cheap in my 2004 D22 and i know there is a few other blokes on the forum that run them as well. i hit no limit up on ebay, when i seen that they had them for the 2.5l and they said yes, and to just purchase the 2.5l one and request a chip for the 3l.

If my 2003 ZD30 was to have a chip of some description, where would it be?
I bought my D22 secondhand from a dealer so have no idea what it has or hasn't got.

KB

hey Zed,

i take it there is nothing different about your ZD30 to everyone else?

because i have a no limit cheap in my 2004 D22 and i know there is a few other blokes on the forum that run them as well. i hit no limit up on ebay, when i seen that they had them for the 2.5l and they said yes, and to just purchase the 2.5l one and request a chip for the 3l.

how have you found the chip?

what did you pay for it?

i didnt think they did a chip for the 3l d22

thats the ebay product number, paid 149 for it. I've got nothing really to compare it to i guess. it def works, heaps more power. but the problem is, like all the chips for the zd30 all it does is leaves the spill valve open for a bit longer depending on throttle position. so the egts can get up very quickly.

i had it disconnected for ages and just hooked it back up not long ago because i've been driving out to work and trying to over take triples in the old girl required a down hill stretch and a tail wind, with the chip i can do it a lot more easier now.

i was getting around mid 10's without the chip on the highway but i reckon this tank with the chip on i'll get mid 12's maybe 13's. i'll let ya know when i fill up.

one thing i noticed is since i've had the chip in is that i have caused the ute to throw a fault code and shut the ute down. i reckon it was over boost. turn the ute off while its still rolling, start it back up and off i go again. only done that like 3 times.

Na mate i've got a 2.5" mandrel bent system turbo back, water to air intercooler, snorkel, new turbo and an 80 series air box, so air in and out should be pretty free flowing.

pre turbo in the exhaust manifold. the temps obviously change according to driving conditions, but its not hard if i'm pushing it to see the temps hit 700 and probably go higher if i keep pushing.

100km/h on the the flat high way sees temps around 400 to 420, without the chip i get around 320 to 350. those changes in temps don't seem to affect the ute at highway speed, water temps stay at around 80 to 90.

Howdy bat, umm I don't know what you mean by bring different but I guess not ! just a standard my2003TD ZD30 di ? I'm guessing your 2004 is a ZD30 di too-yes ?

Ben they seem to do one for crd zd30 but not the di !! that's all I can see on the site and I did write to them and got a "no" from them and nothing about buying "another chip and requesting the 3lt) ?

hmmm interesting. $150 does sound a bit too good though.

id be very vary about these cheaper chips on common rails.

well i dont know zed, try contacting them through ebay, thats how i got onto them. they did send me a chip for a 2.5 first and sent my 3l one to someone else, so i had to send it to another guy and he sent me mine. they refunded the full cost plus some for the extra postage costs.

Zd30 chip

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2006 Navara (which is pre-common rail) 3.0 litre turbo engine 110kw. Been back and forth with a uk mob about their chip and they have not been able to pcik the right one for this vintage .
As I understand it, the unit for this type of engine attaches to the variable pressure fuel pump. Whether it controls the injector timing is unknown.
Has anyone fitted a tuning chip to a similar Navara? Would be a great help to me.
Someone also mentioned a no limit chip from Germany. They only have models for CR engines

Thanks

Larry

I have a 2003 3litre with 180000 k's and a 3" system on it...Is that too many k's to worry about chipping???If I chipped it is it necessary to put in an EGT gauge to check temps or will the 3" system be sufficent to get rid of everything quickly...Also to install the gauge do I need to take the dump pipe off to install the sensor...

Thanks...Sparra

I have a 2003 3litre with 180000 k's and a 3" system on it...Is that too many k's to worry about chipping???If I chipped it is it necessary to put in an EGT gauge to check temps or will the 3" system be sufficent to get rid of everything quickly...Also to install the gauge do I need to take the dump pipe off to install the sensor...

Thanks...Sparra

Ks don't matter. I'm nearly at 200k and about to put one on mine. I would still put an EGT gauge in. It's worth that piece of mind. The EGT sensor can be installed in pre or post turbo. So post turbo is obviously in the dump pipe. Mine has a bung like bolt already there to screw the sensor in. If yours doesn't you might be able to angle your drill in. Maybe... But then you would probably have to get your tap n die set in to thread it. Not sure how all sensors are mounted.

Just fit whatever, they all work the same way on a ZD30 in D22.

maybe look at fitting an intercooler though with that many km's to catch the turbo when it goes bang.

Just fit whatever, they all work the same way on a ZD30 in D22.

maybe look at fitting an intercooler though with that many km's to catch the turbo when it goes bang.

Turbo went bang at 140000 k's...Lucky there was no other damage ,replaced turbo and away I went...

my chip express just arrived. didn't take too long.

how is fittment? just plug it in and go?

Yeah, just the one plug. Its in a bit of a f*ucker of a spot tho. I doused mine in inox first. Plug the fcucker in and YOU tell US! ;)

Always get a EGT gauge when installing a chip. you can still reach high temps.

Latest posts

Back