Battery light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commencal

Reaction score
I've got a question for you guys,

When I start my nav, the battery light is on. After I take off and the revs get up, it goes off and stays off. Happens everytime I start the car, yet I'm having no issues with any electrics.

It's not urgent but it is annoying the shit out of me.

What model and how many k's? Sounds like the alternator isn't putting out any volts until the revs go up a bit. The issue has been on here a few times before, sometimes it seems to go away on its own. It may be worth pulling the brushes out and having a look at them. Depending on how many k's on it, they may need replacing.

I've got a question for you guys,

When I start my nav, the battery light is on. After I take off and the revs get up, it goes off and stays off. Happens everytime I start the car, yet I'm having no issues with any electrics.

It's not urgent but it is annoying the shit out of me.
Test your voltage at the battery terminals after a cold start. It should read between 13.8 and 14.3 approx. if this is the case the regulator has not failed, at idle remove all battery caps and check the cells for equal bubbling of the electrolyte. If one seems slower or not at all you may have a collapsed cell. Also remove and clean battery terminals and check the condition of the earth for oxidisation and rust.
Cheers

All of the above, plus: check the belt isn't slipping, and that there's no wobble in the alternator pulley. The main shaft has let go on a couple of members here (both D22 and D40). Repairing it is not usually an option unless you're doing it yourself and that requires plenty of experience).

Don't consider a genuine replacement. Go aftermarket with more amps.

When you check the cables, also check the connection on the engine block. That's been a sore point for some people too. Remove, clean, reattach.

Mine was doing the same for a wk with the light, checked a few things was all good. Than Friday driving home from work my belt snapped after only a few months replacing it, upon closer inspections turns out the alternator seized up, so might be worth having a look at that.

My alternator died last week . Thai D 40 . $1000 original from Nissan , mechanic told me Mitsubishi have the same part number ?? At $475 including the pulley . All seems good now even that strange "belt squeal " has gone !!! Damn it.

Mine was doing the same for a wk with the light, checked a few things was all good. Than Friday driving home from work my belt snapped after only a few months replacing it, upon closer inspections turns out the alternator seized up, so might be worth having a look at that.

I better check mine! Iv had the battery light come on for a while now

My alternator died last week . Thai D 40 . $1000 original from Nissan , mechanic told me Mitsubishi have the same part number ?? At $475 including the pulley . All seems good now even that strange "belt squeal " has gone !!! Damn it.

Yeah nissan wanted $1100 for a direct replacement, can't remember the brand but got a 100 amp for $520. Can't believe the price difference ay.

Latest posts

Back