battery d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl 9480

Reaction score
Hi guys
Im tring to put an extra battery in my 2009 d22 under the tray it all ready have 2 little ones under the bonnet but i want one at the back for fridge and things
where do i start

Welcome to the forum, Karl.

It's pretty simple. Put an isolator up the front, run a pair of decent-sized cables to the back where you mount the battery and make sure both ends of the positive (red) cable are fused. Try to run the cables in a protected area.

If the battery is under the tray, it could be exposed to water/dirt/sand/mud etc, so after you've hooked it up, give it a spray with that blue stuff that auto electricians spray onto battery terminals under your bonnet. It will help stop corrosion and debris from getting into the joins.

+1 to tony and his idea. If its not wanted under the tray you can either buy a battery box from anywhere really or make a custom box like most of us here. I would use some 6b&s wire between the batteries and an isolator to keep things charging and also so you don't kill the starters. Even if its in the tub I would still put that blue stuff on the terminals.

Rusty

Personally (if I had a tray and I was putting the battery underneath) I'd make a lockable enclosure for it, just so I could be sure it is at least difficult for someone to knock it off or damage it. If the tool box does it for you then go for it.

Just make sure it's not air-tight. Even "sealed" batteries - VRLA, Gel and AGM - will emit hydrogen gas if charged hard enough.

Back