Second battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnap2811

Reaction score
Hi just wondering where everyone has there duel battery in the 2011 d40 navara I would told its not possible to fit another under the bonnet

There's really not a great amount of room under the hood to place another battery..

Turbo side would cook a deep cycle battery

I have mine in the tub, underneath the drawer floor in a box bolted to the tray floor. My fridge sits on the cover so it makes getting to the battery a task but I really haven't needed to get at it..

I've seen people strap an agm in behind the rear seat next to the jack..
These types come in all sizes ( the one im referencing is long and skinny) making the fitments unique.
Also you can stand them upside down if needed - more likely on a side - as they are completely sealed and don't vent ( much?o_O:dontknow:) gas

Just remember if you do run a battery to the tub - use the biggest cable size you can - voltage drop can be a killer

There's really not a great amount of room under the hood to place another battery..

Turbo side would cook a deep cycle battery

I have mine in the tub, underneath the drawer floor in a box bolted to the tray floor. My fridge sits on the cover so it makes getting to the battery a task but I really haven't needed to get at it..

I've seen people strap an agm in behind the rear seat next to the jack..
These types come in all sizes ( the one im referencing is long and skinny) making the fitments unique.
Also you can stand them upside down if needed - more likely on a side - as they are completely sealed and don't vent ( much?o_O:dontknow:) gas
I have mine in the back canopy at the moment was just hoping I could place it some place else

Really depends how you use your Nav I think..

The cab is an option - depending on your need for space in there?
I've seen under tray mounts

My agm is in a battery box that i put in the back canopy [when going camping] of my 2011 d40. no room under the bonnet and only semi retired so no room while all the work gear is in there. Ready to go, plug and play.

IMG_7180.png

Attachments

• IMG_7179.png
    IMG_7179.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Piranha made a chassis mounted tray located below the drivers seat for R51 Pathfinder, SKU BTPF06 approx $290-.
I have mine mounted on a flat steel plate under the driver's side floor that mounts to the underside of the chassis rail and the cross member that supports the back of the auto gearbox, in front of the exhaust pipe that runs crossways. The battery lies on its side within the depth of the chassis rail. I started off with a 90AH AGM battery that weighed 26 kg but last year I changed to a 124 AH lithium battery that weighs 15 kg and has 3 times the usable capacity. It keeps the battery out of the tray and keeps its weight low down. I put TefGel in all the electrical connections to keep them from corrosion when they get wet. It all works a treat.

I have mine mounted on a flat steel plate under the driver's side floor that mounts to the underside of the chassis rail and the cross member that supports the back of the auto gearbox, in front of the exhaust pipe that runs crossways. The battery lies on its side within the depth of the chassis rail. I started off with a 90AH AGM battery that weighed 26 kg but last year I changed to a 124 AH lithium battery that weighs 15 kg and has 3 times the usable capacity. It keeps the battery out of the tray and keeps its weight low down. I put TefGel in all the electrical connections to keep them from corrosion when they get wet. It all works a treat.
I should say that I have a 2011 Spanish D40

Latest posts

Back