Bathurst time again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for next season's rules when they abolish the aero and start strapping 40kg children to the bonnet.

Can't wait for next season's rules when they abolish the aero and start strapping 40kg children to the bonnet.

Surely that had to be a joke, did you see how much that splitter was shaking when the commentator suggested that replacement, if you shake a kid like that you end up in court.

I think any set of wipers weighing just 40kg should also result in the vehicle owner landing in court.

Always wait until your wipers are fully grown and of consenting age (in your jurisdiction) before attaching to your bonnet.

The wipers obviously aren't built with aerodynamics in mind so I don't reckon they'll catch on in the V8 world. Kids are lighter so they might be able to get incorporated into the design better.

I think the biggest problem with both of them is that design rules just wont allow it. So many of the parts on these cars are now "control" parts. No two set of those wiper blades are every the same and I don't think kids are either.

well looks like holden won...good job to lowndes and skaife but the holdens are over running the fords in quantity on the track so its seems a bit unfair with 30holdens against 10 fords...i garantee if the governmant through 2million at every holden driver and asked them to drive a ford they would...i honestly think its wrong and racing is going the wrong way...wat happened to the old fashion racing where u raced with wat u could afford from sponsors etc not wat you got off the government has given u...

but its good to still see that ford is still rated no.1 after race18 of the championship... GO FORD!!!!

Cheers
Rusty

.i garantee if the governmant through 2million at every holden driver and asked them to drive a ford they would...
BaaaHAAHAAAHAA:big_smile: Stop it my sided are hurting. No seriously stop it.:big_smile:
Maybe your right but neither the government or Holden threw 2 million at anybody did they to get them to swap to HOLDEN. All those "LOYAL" FORD teams switched to HOLDENS when Their beloved FORD withdrew their money didn't they? Maybe it's just easier and cheaper to make a fast HOLDEN than it is to make a Fast FORD.

I miss the old days when you saw a Jaguar lined up against a Camaro passing both Holdens and Fords.

The two-horse race - created in an attempt to produce parity among vehicles to allow the drivers to shine on THEIR merits - has taken a lot of the excitement out of it.

I thought it was brilliant when Jim Richards drove the turbo-charged 4WD Skyline and shat upon everything else in sight. I wasn't a Nissan supporter back then but loved the way the "new kid" proved that the "old dogs" needed to make more progress in order to compete at the next highest level.

But in order to make it simpler for the audience they reduced it to two teams and, in an effort to further allow everyone to understand the difference, they just call one side "red" and the other side "blue". I'm not just talking about the guys that drive utes with "Bundaberg Rum" stickers, RM Williams horns across the back window, Kenworth mudflaps and 20 driving lights of no less than a metre across the reflector, plus a half dozen antenna with a minimum 3 metre length.

What I wanna know is this: how come the Australian motor racing industry can get away with treating us like morons?

It's one of the reasons I was enjoying the Bathurst 24 hour race - despite its dominance by the massively overpowered Monaros they dropped on the track to guarantee victory, there were a large variety of vehicles. Hell, they even ran a Mishitbus Magna in the race - got lapped something like 27 times, but IT WAS THERE.

We've had something taken away from us, people, in order to make it easier to understand - black vs white, or in this case red vs blue. The drivers don't aren't entirely loyal to one or the other - Craig Lowndes has jumped camp a third time, even the King (RIP) had ditched the Holden team (over that Polariser issue when he went to BMW).

I'm just saying I'd like to see the old races back, with the various groups, for the Bathurst race. It was exciting to see a Mini crawling down through the esses with a V12 Jaguar thundering across Skyline, knowing that the big cat was going to have to negotiate the tight Forest Elbow with a mouse in its way.

(Yes, I'm aware of the GT races, but they don't get televised as much. I have to catch them on SBS after the thrilling French documentaries (with Peruvian subtitles) about the emotional trauma suffered by squid that are rejected in mating season).

I must disagree,

its so big now because its only holden and ford and it had to be done cause attendances where low.
There is videos around for those who like the other way.

I and the majority, i bet dont want it to go back, as you can see its never been more popular than recent times.
Although heavily modified, there OUR cars and still Holden V Ford...thats what the people want.
Dont change it if it aint broke!

As for driver loyalty, its no different back then...PB once drove a Volvo...remember..

Keep it the way it is or it will die.

Also holden was falling through which is the reason the government through money at them. To keep the RACE going. Like tony said, Nuttin beats old school racing when it was competition racing with wat you had or could afford on your hard earned dollars

Cheers
Rusty

I miss the old days when you saw a Jaguar lined up against a Camaro passing both Holdens and Fords.

Spot on Tony agree 100% here. I was watching that 5 hour Bathurst history show last week, and to have current Beemers, Mitsubishis etc mixing it up with our V8s would be great to see.

It will never happen again, but although the current series has a loyal following, I'm sure back in '93/'94 when the rules started to change a lot of followers lost interest. Back then there was a huge difference in performance between the V8s and "smaller" cars, (except Godzilla and the Sierras), but current technology would have these models up there with the Holdens/Fords.

Ah well, can only dream.....

Latest posts

Back