Bathurst 6 Hour 2023

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it's on again, at Easter time as usual ... the Bathurst 6 Hour event which will have a pretty good line up. I've been accepted for a role in pit lane (possibly at the Exit, but we'll see when we get there). The lineup (apart from the GT and touring car classes that make up the 6 Hour race itself) includes GT4s, Production Cars and exclusive races for Hyundai Excels and Nissan Pulsars. The Excels are maniacal - there's so many of them and they're a complete hoot to watch - as long as they don't mess up the start! The Pulsars are hilarious in the corners and go pretty well too.

I'll be leaving Wednesday afternoon so I won't be spending a lot of time on the forum from then until the following Tuesday evening, because they are having a single track day afterwards (the Monday) and I have put my hat in the ring for that as well, so we'll wander home slowly on Tuesday.

The website doesn't have complete info on who's running - those of you who may have been a recent race official will know we have an app that gives us this info, and they haven't even got it in there yet either - and we're only a week and a bit out from the event! There has been a few issues with competitors - the grid can handle 64 cars, but they received over 75 entries!

https://bathurst6hour.com.au

They had a 6 Hour race alright, and it was a pretty good event. The Excels and Pulsars were a lot of fun although they kept crashing and in one race - where they'd managed to get to lap 4 without a significant crash - one guy smacked the wall on the top of the mountain and really broke the car (and unfortunately himself, he went off to hospital).

I also stayed for the track day on the Monday, run by The Drive Team. It was mostly Porsches accompanied by two Audi R8s and a Ginetta. Quiet day for officials, thankfully not TOO much to do, but we did have one Porsche come around turn 1, nick the ripple strip, slide and spin hitting the wall on Mountain Straight quite heavily.

Latest posts

Back